No announcement yet.

Oh no, my exhaust has a hole in it.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh no, my exhaust has a hole in it.....

Well, I've known my back box has been going for a while, but I looked at it yesterday and there is a big section that has peeled back exposing all the roof insulation in the baffle.

I called my mate in the main dealer parts dept this morning and have ordered a new one. I've bought the big rear box, and the smaller rear box. I was going to get the mid section also, but there is nothing wrong with it so as money is a bit tight I just went for the two back boxes.

He said the exhausts are Stainless Steel and come with a 3 year warranty. Toyota also do two types. Both are exactly the same with the same materials and warranty, except one is made in Japan and one in Europe. I would have gone for the Jap one, but as money is tight I've gone for the European one. Still a Stainless system and has the same warranty, so what the hell.

The Jap boxes retail at about £340 inc, but my mate got them down to about £220 inc. The European boxes come in at about £170 inc, so I'm happy with that. He said they might be in this afternoon around 15.00 as he has ordered them early.

Now that's what I call service. Like I said in the post about where to get parts. If you want genuine parts quick then this dealer is the one you want to use (as long as you live nearby of course)
Working...
X