Women On Wheels - Charity challenge yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women On Wheels - Charity challenge yesterday

my girlfriend took part in a Women on Wheels challenge yesterday, which is a fund raising event for Kidney Research. It was held down at Basingstoke 4x4.

http://www.kidneyresearchuk.org/imag...enonwheels.pdf

good day out! although they sneered a bit when I mentioned i have a surf they were all driving jeeps or landy's...

first of all she had to drive a landy round the course, then do it blindfolded! said driving without sight is very, very odd. although the instructor did direct her into a tree, which in turn left a little dent in the offside front wing

then she had a go at driving a Pinzgauer 6x6! although we did have to wait hours before she could have a go and there were plenty of people behind her in the queue too!

oh, she also got to play around on one of the mini-quad's for a bit. she said it wasnt as fun as my mini-moto

and in total she raised about £120 for the charity, so smiles all round. needless to say, she loved every second of it and it's just cemented her wish to get her very own landy/defender in a year or two.

anyone off here ever been down/round the course there? Right near the copthorne hotel, pingewood. they said I could take my surf round if they weren't too busy and i had done a days driving with an instructor there first.
    I got me a new Surf baby yeah!
Working...
X