Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in the Surf

Hi all,

Just wanted to say hello to everyone again, I'm back in my 3rd gen Surf for the first time in four years and loving it :-)

First purchased back in 2006 an accident in 2014 resulted in it being parked up for a year.

​​​​​​https://i.imgur.com/5oBVJnP.jpg

Make sure that you change the viscous fan too so it doesn't happen again.
    cheers

Comment

no dont change the viscous coupling. you will have one with the same lack of working issues. Re oil yours and adjust the temp cut in... then it will actually work,.

Comment

dont suppose you can tell me how to re oil them and how to adjust the temp cut in,

Comment

I mean change it with a new one from roughtrax or similar , aisin one . Much better than messing around with the silicon oils ,especially if you are not too sure on how to do it. it's 50 quid well spent .

Cheers

Comment

This is the one :

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/aisin-viscous-cooling-fan-clutch-coupling-16210-67030.html

Sorry I meant 100 quid well spent .

Comment

it takes 10 mins to re oil, adjust and re fit, if you're slick. and it costs a tenner, and you know its done properly. (im not doubting the Aisin quality just you know its right)

Comment

Thanks James, I don't think it was checked during the repair so I will get it looked at

Comment

no it wont have been. Dont get it looked at, DIY. you will get some kid who went to college tell you 'its fine' or just replace it. its an easy DIY job

Comment

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about a cooling systems pressure behaves during normal driving conditions?

Outside of urban areas, I've noticed it sometimes drops to zero when I drive on long straights or downhill for long periods of time at 60+ mph.

At idle it sticks to .47 bar at 83 celsius, I've

Comment

Welcome back, if ya looking for a quick response it might be worth giving the Surf Guru, Tony N a bell in the morning at 4x4 Toys (adverts on the Forum) Good luck with it

17+ Years of Surfs n 9 years on Spotless it ain't but Faultless to a "T" is my KZN 130 Yota !!
                      Buncefield Burner

Comment

I know the temp's fluctuate massively and the rumour is toyota created a dead spot in the temp gauge to stop people complaining

Comment

Thanks DW, I've emailed Tony N

Comment

Yea I installed the additional gauge due to the factory temperature gauge dead spot. Just concerned that I lose all pressure for extended periods of time.

I

Comment

expansion tank??

Comment

Working...
                              X