Considering Purchase in Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrkeeg
    :-0!! I just looked at the site and the cheaper one is sold!

1/2 of 40mpgs? that's terrible milage for a diesel ... I was hoping for at least 30 on the highway - that's the main reason I wanted to buy this truck. Even a full size petrol truck runs 18mpg.

Thanks for any further thoughts,
    Keegan
    Hippo does between 9.00 & 9.50 KPL, and spends most of her time doing the M25 (motorway and carpark)

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

my 2.8 is running at around 25-26 mpg, mix of short distance commuting to work and motorway runs.(truck has 4" lift and 32" mud tyres, used to be around 27mpg before)
      also bear in mind a US gallon is slightly less than a UK gallon (something to to with rum evaporating when transported from uk to us and the gallons getting smaller i think!)
      rear springs should be available in the US, just need to be aware of the spring length, the one on my ln107 are longer than the ones on my old '86 pickup not sure when they changed.
      Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

Hmm... thanks once again for all the thoughts guys.

I had pretty much written this idea off, in favor of getting a full-size pickup - as mentioned before, to survive the very poor roads and occasional heavy load (ATV) I run...

However, I just talked to the dealer and he swore up and down how tough these trucks were ... esp with the straight axle in the front - so now I'm dilema'd again *L* *sigh*. Mind you... he also said that guys are getting over 30mpg ...

I guess worst comes to worst, I can re-sell it.

Thanks, take care all!
        Keegan

Comment

Well folks,
          I'm tired of shopping (doesn't take long!) and always tempted to try something out-of-the ordinary, so it looks like this is a go!

I'm flying out to the truck tomorrow morning ... still have the option of not buying it, but I already have the bank draft, and I'm stranded without a return flight if I don't!

Thanks for the help thus far. Anyone have any final things I should look for when I get there?

I'll be browsing the site for a while now - looking for tips for keeping the truck tip-top, and getting the best performance from it!

Keegan

Comment

Working...
          X