Jem Car Sales Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jem Car Sales Experience

Thought it was important to give credit where credit is due...

I first spotted the 95 Hilux Surf on Autotrader and within a few minutes I was talking to David, the salesman at JEM, North London... He explained to me how good the condition of the car was over the phone, even taking time to walk round the vehicle and talk me through his inspection...

It sounded sweet and just what I was looking for so I phoned him back later that day and placed a deposit on it... The next day David called me to verify some details and to inform me that there would be new tires and an exhaust put on along with a full years MOT certificate, I was bowled over ...

As I live in N.Ireland, a short plane hop, a bus and train got me to the closest train station to JEM within about two and a half hours of leaving home. A quick call to David and he came to pick me up in a very shiny surf !...
    I had a checklist for buying surfs with me (half memorized), which is available here, and when we arrived at JEM car sales I got straight to work in checking through it...All points were checked on the Surf and I could not find anything wrong with it. It had also been very recently cleaned inside and out and it was shinning like a new pin.
    David then told me to take it for a drive on my own, so leaving my pal as ransom I did just that. I drove about 100yds and decided that it was the vehicle for me; engine and gearbox felt sweet, brakes very positive, steering responsive and not a rattle bang or clatter to be heard. I was sure I had a good one...

I arrived back at JEM and followed David into a pretty plush building, sorted out some paperwork, paid for the Surf and placed a big grin on my face as I had waited a long time for this moment...We all said our goodbyes and very soon me and my pal were on the M1 north towards Birkenhead...

About four hours took us to the ferry, stopping a couple of times for food and a couple of pints(not for me !).. A drive that had no problems at all from the Surf or otherwise..

Now back in Belfast my own local mechanic says it’s in excellent mechanical condition and all he is doing is the timing belt replacement. My girlfriend loves it and I can’t stop cleaning it !!!!

So a big thanks to JEM car sales, North London and an even bigger thanks to David who made my first Hilux Surf buying experience a very simple and pleasurable one indeed.

Contact JEM on 020 8732 7232
    Attached Files
    Last edited by david306; 10 March 2006, 21:16.
Working...
X