Happy Insurance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Insurance Thread

I've always harped on about lifesure being good prices etc etc but got my insurance renewal midweek and its gone from £360 fully comp up to a whopping £927 for next year.

I rang them just on the offchance it was a typo, lol, but the bloke said sorry but no it wasn't and the company that they had used didn't want to insure imported 4x4's any more so had sent a ridiculous renewal price, knowing that i would probably shop around for a better one.

So this afternoon i sat down and started with the sites, rung the fat opera singer one and the desert rat one and a couple others and as soon as i said it was a jap import they started laughing.

Anyways i ended up ringing a company called sureterm and i got,

fully comp cover,
    courtesy car in the event of a claim, (similar 4x4 it says)
    i can use it for my business,
    static rally, greenlaning and show cover,
    unlimited european cover,
    free liability cover for trailers and caravans (whilst attached to my vehicle.

All this for the not bad price of £318.
    If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes.

Not sure if anyone wants to ring them but the number is 0800 999 2030 and the lad i spoke to was called Martin. He gets commision on any new business lol.

Comment

thanks for that , passed on to a customer and he is a happy bunny ,ps love your sig
      JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

No luck with Sureterm for me... quoted nigh on £1000.

Flux want £680

Thought I'd try Admiral multicar and got a very nice surprise when I confirmed an online quote by telephone with them at £363

Just need to see what my renewal comes in at with A-Plan... was £400 last year.

One thing I did notice on all the online sites is that my car never comes up on the registration search, so with Admiral I put the technical details of the engine size, age, trans, fuel etc and it came up with a 'generic' Surf 4x4 description. The telephone call confirmed that the spec was correct. I wonder if it was this that has made the difference in the price?

Comment

Originally posted by daisy710 View Post
          Anyways i ended up ringing a company called sureterm and i got,

static rally, greenlaning and show cover,

All this for the not bad price of £318.
          Sureterm quoted me more than double that and said they weren't able to offer off road cover on any of the policies they supplied. Check the policy wording when you get it through, just in case.

PS There's an error in your sig.
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            Sureterm quoted me more than double that and said they weren't able to offer off road cover on any of the policies they supplied. Check the policy wording when you get it through, just in case.

PS There's an error in your sig.
            Checked it and it does what it says on the tin or rather the front cover and the inside bits. As for my sig, i know, i'm from Liverpool, someone stole the apostrophe and the R E. Thanx though.

Comment

Originally posted by daisy710 View Post
              Checked it and it does what it says on the tin or rather the front cover and the inside bits. As for my sig, i know, i'm from Liverpool, someone stole the apostrophe and the R E. Thanx though.
              Excellent, they must be brokering for a new company

It's only missing an apostrophe and an e and thanks doesn't have an x in it, even in Liverpool
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

The shift key's ####ed as well. Maybe some local's nicked the spring?
                "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Working...
                X