Coolant temperature sender unit required KZN185

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant temperature sender unit required KZN185

I'm hoping someone could help me out. I'm after a coolant temperature sender unit for a gen 3, 3.0L KZN185. Apparently it has one wire coming out of it. Anyone know where I can get one? The garage can't find one. I'll Google it but thought I'd ask the people in the know here first. Originally I thought it was a thermostat that was needed; see here: http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=77975

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=834...ed=0CBIQpwUoAQ

Nev

Comment

Thanks Nev. I Googled it too and came up with exactly the same result after finding out the (possible) part number elsewhere on the forum. Is that definitely the right one? There's a similar one available, too, that has a connection blade on it. Looks like both are available from RoughTrax. Cheers for the suggestion.
      Last edited by TeaMonsta; 23 November 2012, 23:13.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaMonsta View Post
        Is that definitely the right one? There's a similar one available, too, that has a connection blade on it. Looks like both are available from RoughTrax. Cheers for the suggestion.
        Yep correct part that will fit the factory plug. If plug is missing get one with the blade terminal, if you can find an aftermarket with the same specs.

Nev

Comment

That's great. Thanks for your help, Nev.

Comment

Isn't there 2 senders on the 3.0 ?

Definitley one on the block behind the oil filter for the ECU.

I think one for the temp gauge on the head near the front above inj. pump ?

Comment

One sender for gauge and one sensor for ECU. If it has one wire, it is the gauge sender. The ECU sensors have two wires.

Also not sure if one for the gauge, with a blade terminal is available. I know there is for the 2.4 but never come across an aftermarket for the 185s yet.

Nev

Comment

Cheers Nev. I'll have to have a look at which one it is (if I can find it on the engine). I've had a look about to see where I can find out where it's located and among other posts, I found this one (I'm assuming part no. 83420 is the correct one):

http://toyota.sagori.com/jp/671160/006/2/8401/1/84222E/

Use the zoom button above the diagram to see it more clearly.

The garage said it has one wire coming out of it. A blade one is available from RoughTrax ( http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/index.ph...id=149&vid=947 )so I'll check with them which type I need before ordering.

By the way, what's the diameter of the part, roughly, so I've got more of an idea what I'm looking for?
                Last edited by TeaMonsta; 25 November 2012, 12:52.

Comment

Either Roughtrax one should be correct depending on what connection you need. Same as the earlier 3Ltr KZN130. It's just below where the top hose exits the engine.

It is M16 thread and should be a 17mm hex.

Nev

Comment

Thanks Nev, very helpful. I'll check it out tomorrow and post my findings.

Comment

Just a quick update to conclude this thread. Had the temperature sender changed (and the thermostat at the same time). Got the one from RoughTrax. Now I've got a properly working temperature gauge which doesn't go up 'n' down like a yo-yo. Heater seems to be much better, too, although I'd guess that's probably down to the thermostat being changed.

Comment

Working...
                      X