Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3.0ltr KZN185 Tork/Torque settings on head bolts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 3.0ltr KZN185 Tork/Torque settings on head bolts

    Hi

    Just bought a new head from ebay 400 to the door and I'm in the middle of fitting it but I cant find my Surf bible its all straight forward so far but I need to know how tight I should tighten the head bolts.
    I did think of using the colour tork settings technique but since I've paid out so much I best do it properly,
    So do any of you know the correct torque/tork settings for head bolts on a KZ1-TE 3.0Ltr engine in my 3rd Gen surf,
    Thanx
    Pony

  • #2
    Originally posted by petepony View Post
    Hi

    Just bought a new head from ebay 400 to the door and I'm in the middle of fitting it but I cant find my Surf bible its all straight forward so far but I need to know how tight I should tighten the head bolts.
    I did think of using the colour tork settings technique but since I've paid out so much I best do it properly,
    So do any of you know the correct torque/tork settings for head bolts on a KZ1-TE 3.0Ltr engine in my 3rd Gen surf,
    Thanx
    Pony
    They don't use torque as a final setting they are angular
    on the 2.4, it's a torque nip of 56 mn? then two pulls @ 90 degrees,
    I used tippex, on bolt head and cylinder head, but i'm not sure on
    the 3.0l sorry.


    Gman.
    If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

    Comment


    • #3
      If i've read it right, Cylinder head bolts = 400kg-cm, 29ft-lb, 39Nm.

      It then says to tighten a further 90 degree's on each bolt in sequence and then a further 90 degree's again, each bolt in sequence.
      Last edited by Shalershasker; 7th October 2009, 19:25.
      Neal

      Comment


      • #4
        This previous post might help:

        http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad+bolt+torque

        Comment


        • #5
          Pete i am down loading a document and going to send to you in a mo witha ll you need
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Shalershasker View Post
            If i've read it right, Cylinder head bolts = 400kg-cm, 29ft-lb, 39Nm.

            It then says to tighten a further 90 degree's on each bolt in sequence and then a further 90 degree's again, each bolt in sequence.
            That's the one!!

            Gman.
            If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

            Comment


            • #7
              Hi guys
              A big thanx to you all, Im off now to the garage armed with your info and a can of beer or 2
              Thanx again
              Pony

              Comment


              • #8
                tourqe settings

                is it not on the back end of rocker cover like the2.4.just got my beast back from the head doctor.:

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by petepony View Post
                  Hi

                  Just bought a new head from ebay 400 to the door and I'm in the middle of fitting it but I cant find my Surf bible its all straight forward so far but I need to know how tight I should tighten the head bolts.
                  I did think of using the colour tork settings technique but since I've paid out so much I best do it properly,
                  So do any of you know the correct torque/tork settings for head bolts on a KZ1-TE 3.0Ltr engine in my 3rd Gen surf,
                  Thanx
                  Pony
                  If you got your head off ebay not too tight!
                  Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                  Tony

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Pete has had his head done back in October when he last posted
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                      Pete has had his head done back in October when he last posted
                      could be a good one then....Ooops (must check dates)
                      Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                      Tony

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X