No announcement yet.

my surf v8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's labeled oil pressure switch, thin yellow and black wire if I can remember.

Comment

Last edited by Reece2.4; 14 October 2014, 13:34.

Comment

That goes to the oil pressure switch next to the oil filter or the alternator's 'charge' wire.
        The other end of that wire goes to the fuel pump relay.

Comment

are the oil pressure sender and oil pressure switch the same thing?

I will take a pic to let you know

Comment

Originally posted by Reece2.4 View Post
            are the oil pressure sender and oil pressure switch the same thing?

I will take a pic to let you know

Yes, they are the same thing.

Comment

the oil pressure switch already had the wiring for it in the main loom (single yellow wire with the right plug), I have used this wire and connected it to the alternator wiring and then seen the black/yellow oil pressure switch wire inside the cabin bit of the loom

is one of these not for the oil pressure warning light on the dash?

Comment

the oil pressure switch already had the wiring for it in the main loom (single yellow wire with the right plug), I have used this wire and connected it to the alternator wiring and then seen the black/yellow oil pressure switch wire inside the cabin bit of the loom

is one of these not for the oil pressure warning light on the dash?
                Just connect the wire thats labelled 'Oil pressure switch' to the alternator 'charge' wire, otherwise the fuel pump won't work.
                You'll probably need to extend the wire to reach the alternator though.

Comment

no problem Ill give that a go then all the wiring should be sorted, cheers

Comment

the brown wire thats labeled earth, what is this the earth for?

Comment

the brown wire thats labeled earth, what is this the earth for?
                      Everything!
                      Bolt it to the body somewhere.

Comment

this is going to sound like the noobiest question ever but is the loom battery terminal positive or negative?

Comment

this is going to sound like the noobiest question ever but is the loom battery terminal positive or negative?

Positive.

Comment

Turned the ignition on and the earth wire starting melting through, any ideas?

Comment

Turned the ignition on and the earth wire starting melting through, any ideas?

Yeah, you've phucked up somewhere!

I tested everything here with my own ECU and it all worked as it should, even the engine check light.

Let me know where you connected all the wires that I marked up.

Comment

Will do

Comment

Working...
                                X