• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolfracer
    replied
    BABY ON BOARD

The real reason is a bit more morbid...

If you have a bad crash, heaven for bid, it alerts the firecrew to look for a thrown or trapped baby... which could easily be missed. It is recommended to remove the sign if you are not carrying an infant for exactly the opposite reason.

Leave a comment:

• Sylux
    replied
    Originally posted by tashtego View Post
    I guess they are a bit of a psychological tool
    Very much so

But normally the yellow square (which can be seen from far back) is enough to let people know.

Leave a comment:

• tashtego
    replied
    Originally posted by Sylux View Post
    They don't offer any physical safety. It's really to let those people who don't adhere to the tailgating laws know you have kids (or dogs in your example) on board. Hopefully they are decent enough humans to back off.

You can buy them but most are for internal sticking and I have black windows.

I see. I wonder how much they actually deter tailgating...by the time someone is close enough to read it they probably already too close ( as in safe "breaking distance")...still, they can always back off... I guess they are a bit of a psychological tool, to instill some guilt, hoping that someone who is driving quite recklessly might change their ways, by thinking of the eventuality of kids or pets getting hurt. Worth a try.
    Anyway, now I know, Thanks
    Last edited by tashtego; 20 June 2013, 11:06.

Leave a comment:

• Sylux
    replied
    Originally posted by tashtego View Post
    What are these stickers for? I have seen similar ones around, such as "baby on board", "dog on board" etc. How do they help with safety? Genuine question.
    Cheers
    They don't offer any physical safety. It's really to let those people who don't adhere to the tailgating laws know you have kids (or dogs in your example) on board. Hopefully they are decent enough humans to back off.

You can buy them but most are for internal sticking and I have black windows.

Leave a comment:

• Growler
    replied
    Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
    You just had your new wheelie bins then Andy?

I'm on my 3rd different green bin, as they keep getting muddled up, when I get a decent one, my no.s going on it!
    Yup. and i'm making sure i get the good one's back

Leave a comment:

• tashtego
    replied
    Originally posted by Sylux View Post
    2 months to deliver and you're playing the hard done by?

Are you taking the ####? And you call yourself animal like you're a tough nut but you're clearly of a delicate nature

I've been a designer for near 15 years and I know print management like the back of my hand. So don't try and BS the "file didn't work as a vector".

When I send something to a printer...it comes back IDENTICAL. Without this the print industry would fail. If you're marketing yourself as a pro then you need to man up.

Did you cut these with a blindfold?

"WTF?" Seriously? You expected me to just except something you'd had a go at? And not speak up? You must live in a cotton wool bubble if you're that naive.

A PDF didn't work? Really? Industry standard file format? And you didn't think to tell me? IN THE 2 MONTHS+. And the font used was a standard font. It should be on your computer.

Now...regardless of anything you said....this quality is shit and looks nothing like what I sent. Does it? You didn't look at this and go "hmm, that's not too good"? Even without something to compare...the corners are nursery shite.

So wind your neck in and stop acting like the hard done by. You've got a sticky thread on the forum for this "service". You took payment for something and delivered something else. Over 2 months later.

And the extras aren't worth jack. Why did you even send them? And act like I need to be grateful? Really? I need to be grateful for this tat? Why would I want that anywhere near my truck?

Are you for real?

ANIMAL! Grrr!

What are these stickers for? I have seen similar ones around, such as "baby on board", "dog on board" etc. How do they help with safety? Genuine question.
    Cheers

Leave a comment:

• animal
    replied
    Lol
    No problem Andy ,

Leave a comment:

• Wolfracer
    replied
    You just had your new wheelie bins then Andy?

I'm on my 3rd different green bin, as they keep getting muddled up, when I get a decent one, my no.s going on it!

Leave a comment:

• Growler
    replied
    Hey Steve

Do you reckon your machine could do something like this 2(B)about 4-5inch's tall, using the (angsana new) font.

If so any chance of getting them to me before the middle of next week or can we have an over the delivery date.

Need 4 copies of it please in white preferably, if not then silver.

Leave a comment:

• animal
    replied
    Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    Like this?
    damn predictive text

Leave a comment:

• Wolfracer
    replied
    Are they to keep the worms away?

Leave a comment:

• BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    Originally posted by animal View Post
    Yeah I'll just get some carp stickers made up for my coffin , then it's all yours..
    Like this?

Leave a comment:

• Sylux
    replied
    Just come back to this thread some 3 hours later and see you carried on.

Tell you what...seeing as you're acting like a child and you've given this more attention today than you did in the past 2 months...you can refund me the £8. Just send it the way I sent to you.

I'm sure a well-to-do successful guy like yourself won't have a problem with that.

Thanks for being mature about this

Leave a comment:

• animal
    replied
    Yeah I'll just get some carp stickers made up for my coffin , then it's all yours..

Leave a comment:

• Wolfracer
    replied
    Originally posted by animal View Post
    I'll have an ice cream please mate . My last meal
    No problem. Can I have the vinyl cutter then?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X