X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
    , and hey are seem to love our JDM surfs
    There's a few Surfs getting around there now. Had a few questions about them on the Aussie forum from guys in the US.

Nev.

Comment

Don't you just hate it when you spot a typo, AFTER you've been quoted
      More Lift.
      More Tyres.
      More Engine.

Comment

sad times

very sad to see it go, has been fantastic,
        www.floatingpontoonsolutions.co.uk

Comment

Hi Koi

This is dreadful news.

If it is really a case of insufficient funding for the hosting, renewing the domain name, etc. tell us how much is required and we can get together to make sure we continue.

Thanks

Tony

Comment

Id gladly contribute! How about a annual fee?

Ok i realise apart from the Money, there is also the time factor of being a Moderator.
            Many of us members possibly have no idea of the time or money involved , perhaps it may be an idea just to give an inkling then somebody may be interested in taking it on.
            I certainly would be interested in contributing a fee, maybe more.

Comment

HOW MUCH for Hosting and other Fees ?

Originally posted by Koi View Post
              will keep it going til 28th October, as hosting and other fees are due on the 30th for another year.
              PLEASE PLEASE advise just what sum is required for Hosting and the Other Fees for one more year ?

It would be awful to lose the valuable info for the sake of one year's fees......People keep asking how much is in issue but I don't see any answer.

If we could between us pay the fees required to keep the site online for one year, then surely during that time someone with the necessary know how would step forward to take over the admin ?

Also, i notice someone has offered to archive all the info ...........has that offer been taken up ? Maybe that would be a way of keeping the info available so that at an appropriate time it could all be transferred to a current , maintained, SURF site ?

Comment

What he said.

Originally posted by jonathan blane View Post
                PLEASE PLEASE advise just what sum is required for Hosting and the Other Fees for one more year ?

It would be awful to lose the valuable info for the sake of one year's fees......People keep asking how much is in issue but I don't see any answer.

If we could between us pay the fees required to keep the site online for one year, then surely during that time someone with the necessary know how would step forward to take over the admin ?

Also, i notice someone has offered to archive all the info ...........has that offer been taken up ? Maybe that would be a way of keeping the info available so that at an appropriate time it could all be transferred to a current , maintained, SURF site ?
                Not allowed 1) tools 2) matches 3) sharp objects

Comment

All,
                  Many thanks for all your replies.
                  The forum will soon be passed on to a new owner and will continue to run. For me like most things and other people life takes a new direction sometimes.
                  I am just happy that some else is taking it over and it will continue to run. I would like to thank all those that have contributed over the years and made the forum what is today.
                  Many thanks

Nigel.
                  Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                  My choice
                  Back off

Comment

rob83w will be the new owner and it should all be transferred over in the next few days.
                    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                    My choice
                    Back off

Comment

Great news.
                      Сви можемо

Comment

Good news indeed

Comment

Good news. Now come the battle to make it work again.
                          ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Hi being one of the originals from the 1st forum have seen loads of Surfers come and go, it’s a shame it is closing down but such is life,
                            now being 65 years young and not far off a wheel chair with arthritis, l wonder if we can get a club going for 4x4 wheelchairs, after all the Surfs
                            l have imported since the 1st in 1999 l still drive one daily, made a lot of friends on here l will give up my Surf when l cannot get into it, l still Flash
                            any Surf l see on the road and always will.

See you around Hilux “Bob”
                            Live Life To The Full

Comment

Hello mate. Its not closing down. I took it over Oct last year.
                              Thanks
                              Rob Watson (forum owner and admin)

Comment

nice one rob, dont have a fb anymore so glad its not all going over there! theres something special about these forums, they provide invaluable support and community and i have learnt invaluable info over the years from this and other forums and hopefully i have shared some too keep up the good work

Comment

Working...
                                X