Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fatfires
    replied
    Well sorry to burst a few bubbles but I have got fully comp for the truck AND a volvo 740 gle for £406.03 Admiral !

Leave a comment:

• TeaMonsta
    replied
    Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    Smells like B/S to me.
    Insurance companies seem to think they can scare you into paying any amount they can dream up.
    It's outrageous, isn't it? I was in a bit of a fix when I insured, though. I'd just bought the car, was about to drive away and realised I hadn't insured it so had to do it sitting in the car. No time to shop around as I usually do.

Leave a comment:

• BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    Originally posted by TeaMonsta View Post
    £500 from Flux. Driving over 20 years with 20years + of no claims. They said they can't apply my no claims to the Surf as it's a second car. So effectively, I have no no claims on the Surf / with Adrian Flux. I don't get it; I can only drive one car at a time. Why is the no claims discount applied to the car and not the driver? Is this a new thing? Will I have to start my no claims from scratch every time I change my car? Should I only look for well behaved cars to buy in the future, ones that haven't ever driven dangerously or gone over the speed limit? Whole thing's a joke.
    Smells like B/S to me.
    Insurance companies seem to think they can scare you into paying any amount they can dream up.

Leave a comment:

• TeaMonsta
    replied
    £500 from Flux. Driving over 20 years with 20years + of no claims. They said they can't apply my no claims to the Surf as it's a second car. So effectively, I have no no claims on the Surf / with Adrian Flux. I don't get it; I can only drive one car at a time. Why is the no claims discount applied to the car and not the driver? Is this a new thing? Will I have to start my no claims from scratch every time I change my car? Should I only look for well behaved cars to buy in the future, ones that haven't ever driven dangerously or gone over the speed limit? Whole thing's a joke.

Leave a comment:

• Predictable Bob
    replied

The boss has just insured her 3rd Gen through A Plan, £230 for both of us, including no claims protection and class 1 business use. Flux were a little cheaper but every time we've insured with them they've tried to roll over the policy as we haven't given them 2 weeks notice so the wife told them to poke it

She's 53, I'm 56, we've got around 10 years NCD and one at fault crunch nearly 5 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• jesterminute
    replied
    Ended up on £425 - Fully Comp in the missus' name (as she's got 10 years NCD).
    Admiral for reference.

As a side point. In my hours (and hours and hours) of hunting I came across this link http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ins...ce-job-picker/

It's interesting because it shows how you can tweak your job title and shave off £50 here or there.

Also of interest A Plan seemed to have real problems being able to insure the vehicle, in the end the best quote they could come up with was £725

Certainly we've got to be doing something wrong (apart from Living in Brum of course). Bugger knows what though!

Leave a comment:

• Diezel Weazel
    replied
    I believe LV / Victoria Frizzell don't do new policies on Imports for a few years now ....
    I know cos SWIMBO tried to insure a Isuzi 2 weeks ago .......
    I do believe as an existing customer (over 20 Years) things may be different is you're a current Civil Servant / retired !!
    My Truck is under £300, protected, n 75 % NCD, n 60 years young

11+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!

Leave a comment:

• Albannach
    replied
    Originally posted by Nige. coll View Post
    aviva insured mine
    under £400 for me 40+ max ncb and my wife 9 bonus points no ncb as a named driver class 1 business use comprehensive
    Aviva don't do imports, or at least that's what they told me, check your vehicle details.

Leave a comment:

• Yorkshire Devil
    replied
    Insurance

Called 2gether insurance you will be quite surprised I was!

Leave a comment:

• markjd
    replied
    I called flux and cheapest fully comp was over 500 I'm 35, 11 years NBC living in north wales.!!! I don't get it sometimes

Leave a comment:

• BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    Originally posted by Morango View Post
    it says 4 runner on log book?
    Then it's a DVLA mistake.

I would get it changed, because you will no doubt have problems if ever you were to claim for total loss on your insurance.
    The feckers wll use any little excuse not to pay out.

Is there some Japanese writing at the bottom of the VIN plate?

Leave a comment:

• Morango
    replied
    Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    It's got lots of chrome and it says Surf on the tailgate.
    If it was a 4Runner it would have rusted away by now!
    it says 4 runner on log book?

Leave a comment:

• Yorkshire Devil
    replied
    Insurance

Originally posted by Bonk View Post
    Are you guys driving a 3 litre?
    3.0tD or 2.4TD its the same for me, I had 2.4 before and its almost identical

Leave a comment:

• Bonk
    replied
    Are you guys driving a 3 litre?

Leave a comment:

• Yorkshire Devil
    replied
    2gether Insurance

I pay less than £300 and with 2gether Insurance all mods declared. I'm 34
    No no claims bonus

Leave a comment:

Working...