Gen 2 Winch Bumper faulty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gen 2 Winch Bumper faulty

This bumper is brand new and powder coated 5mm steel. It mounts perfectly but...
    There was a cock up in the fabbing process, something to do with some templates presented to the laser cutter upside down. Everything is straight with perfect welds it just flairs out either side too much and to different degrees. The winch mount is straight but a few mm to one side. Someone with cutting and welding skills could easily fix this. I'll upload some pictures now and any specific requests for other pictures, angles etc I can do. I removed the bumper yesterday so more pictures relative to the Hilux are not possible.
    If theses corners were at the correct angles it'd be worth just under £300 (inc delivery)
    I'm based by Cardiff or I could be advised on a courier as I've never used one.
    Open to offers.
    Attached Files

Where does this bolt to the chassis? I've seen them on Ebay but there aren't any pictures or info indicating this. Cheers

Comment

It bolts on where the original does, leaving out the two smaller bolts by the wings because it's strong enough to hold itself together. It's a lot tougher than chrome plated steel and plastic.

Comment

I can add a picture of the mounting brackets if you like

Comment

Is this the source of the tickets? I have the third gen one on my watch list. I cant justify it at the moment but I want it. When we move to our own land I will indulge as winching out roots and ting will be a daily but right now I'm just shopping.

How do you feel cooling is affected by this bumper? Is it letting in more or less air to the rads? The pic of the third gen looks to give some massive front wheel clearence but I dont know if that truck has a lift or not. How does it look on yours?

I will ask my buddy shane if he is interested as he has a mk2.
          Last edited by Lewd Lux Lover; 13 October 2015, 17:54.

Comment

You're right, it is the source of the tickets. I'll add now, I have no personal connection with the company - I just believe in giving small businesses a chance.
            They employed some new staff who sent templates to the lazer cutters upside down or some such so the bumper they made fitted the brackets but, as you can see by the pictures, the ends are wrong. They fabbed me up another and were extemely appologetic. I haven't had time to fit it yet.
            I'd say if anything there is more air flow because it's very open. It kinda depends how big a winch you fit! I have a snorkel so the air for the engine is coming from somewhere else. My ATF rad pokes down just below the bumper a bit. My 2nd Gen is still a project but it'll be on the road within a month.
            For 300 quid it's OK as the other options are either outrageously expensive or adding yourself to someone's long list. I'll be away for a week now but when I've fitted the new improved bumper I'll stick some pictures up.

And regarding the bodged bumper - the right person could definitely make use of it. Come and pick it up from cardiff area and bung me a few quid for the hassle.

Comment

I would have this but to far for me, depending on price delivered. Easy fix.
              Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

I can make enquiries about shipping when I'm home again next week

Comment

How much you looking for ? I could come and pick it up

Comment

is the bumper still for sale?

Comment

Hello! Back in the land of mechanics now. The bumper is still up for grabs - there is a little light surface rust on the winch tray itself, needs brushing off and a dab of hammerite. This happened because the winch tray is welded with a lip at the back, creating a trough. The lip needs cutting off or drainage holes drilled.
                      Fifty quid? Kinda difficult to value really.
                      I'm near Barry, Cardiff if anyone wants to pick it up
                      Last edited by Mr Malleenos; 20 October 2015, 14:02.

Comment

I will have it if that's ok ? For 50quid and I'll come and collect it

Comment

yup, no problem freaky fish, pm me or e-mail me your phone number and we'll arrange something,
                          Roo.
                          mr_malleenos@yahoo.com

Comment

I've emailed you my number

Comment

Hi freaky fish, I didn't recieve an e-mail. Did you include the underscore between Mr and Malleenos? "_"
                              Mr_Malleenos

Comment

Working...
                              X