Dorset green laning...anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dorset green laning...anyone?

Im new to this forum and would like to chat or meet people who know were to go in dorset area
    thanks

dorset greenlanes??

hi mate what were you thinking of doing are you looking for off roading sites or just places in dorset to green lane? i dont think there are any pay n play sites in dorset but a good source for that is the fwdc [four wheel drive club] as for green laining get yourself a good os map of dorset and i can give you about 20 odd really good lanes to drive all local to dorset and all range from easy soft lanes and hardcore fords and gullys ect

Comment

hi,sound good
      Basicly im looking to go green laining localy in dorset.I will get myself a map but just wonder if you know where to go for an easy or middle rage off roading.Im new to it and I do love my new track so don't want to damage it at all but love to get dirty..I been thick but what OC map is please?Is that range lander map etc?
      thanks so much,j

Comment

Ordnance survey map 1.25000 scale, you can get them in any local garage or national trust shop and alot of others, it totally depends where in dorset you live mate, i am in weymouth but i venture all over. try www.fourwheeldriveclub.com they are south east based but go everywhere and have write ups on loads of dorset lanes, youtube morton ford near bere regis also ridgeway dorset, and corfe castle lanes. just to name a few, i would get the map and just find all the boats [byways open to all traffic] they will be marked on the map, there are quite a few you just gotta find them, greenlane forum are another good source. if you really are struggling to find any soft lanes just to start with i can email you a few piccy's with good ones highlighted

Comment

Hi.Thanks for the infor.Ive got in touch with someone local couple days ago and we went to Morton,corfe castle etc....it was great.
          I will get the map this week and see whats were.We will go to Salisbury plains if you fance to join.
          thanks again,j

Comment

thanks for the offer buddy if i get any spare time i might take you up on the offer to go up to the plains glad you enjoyed off roading

Comment

great,we planning aprox 27th dec...few cars going

Comment

Working...
              X