Spare wheel carrier mod.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
    Another nicely sorted rear hanger setup I found in my saved pics..
    Hmmm, 4th gens can look a bit better when they "butch" em up a bit. .
    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
      Hmmm, 4th gens can look a bit better when they "butch" em up a bit. .

And they're available with a 4.7 V8 if you like a petrol motor..

Comment

Whats the details on your bash plate Mick ? (I need to make one for my truck..)

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
          Whats the details on your bash plate Mick ? (I need to make one for my truck..)
          Hey Rob. I took the original design from one posted on the Aussie site and modified it a little. A mate with a fab shop cut, bent, drilled and galvanised it for me. It's made from 6mm mild steel plate, and it weighs a flippin ton! When I came to fit it, it wouldn't go straight on. The design is for a 2.4 with a shorter radiator. Mine's a 3.0, so I had to design a spacer using "U" channel, Drilled and cut at 45 degrees at the ends. Managed to cobble it all together in the end. I'll post some close ups if you like.

Comment

Thanks Mick.

I've just found the plans.

6mm - I'm not suprised it weighs a ton !

I was thinking of something similar to the stock one but using rectangular box section for a pair of rails, with 3mm plate. (Easier for me to work with)

Rob.

Comment

Hey Rob. Is this what you were looking for? There's a couple more pics too.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Mick - that 1st pic is the drawing I have.

You have a bodylift so your rad drops down 2" less than my rad ! (unless you did the rad drop ? )

I'll look into ways to mount the bashplate a lot lower than you have ..

Rob.

Comment

Id like to lift my spare wheel up a bit, its a nightmare when attaching a trailer.
                  If I like it, Bushwhacker doesn't. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                    For a while, now, I've fancied re locating the spare wheel to sit further up,out of harms way and at an angle in line with the back window. After some cutting, and mocking things up, I popped round to a mate who did the welding, strengthening and some re profiling. there's plenty room and clearance, now, even for when I finally get a visit from the 35's fairy. Hope the pics help to explain.
                    thank you, i just done that on my Phoenix!! (surf)
                    the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Working...
                    X