X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free wheel hubs

Spot on there Vince.
    Ref picture 7,when I tried to refit the bolt and washer to the end of the drive shaft it wouldnt fit,the threads of the bolt did not actually make contact with the end of the shaft,spent a couple of hours over a bacon butty pondering,in the end I gave up till I could come up with a solution.
    I could have just used a longer bolt,but didnt want to chance it.

Any ideas?????

Comment

FW front hubs

Just had freewheeling hubs fitted to my kzn130 3.0 I like the truck more as it seems to coast better, turning is lighter and maybe another 25 kilometres to a tank. There is less engine braking when dropping out of over drive , I use this a lot, but I can live with that.

Comment

I'm confused... My hub looks like the before pic, does that mean there is no auto or manual locking hubs fitted & therefore no 4wd?

Comment

If you mean Pic 1, then you have 4 wheel drive but not free wheeling hubs

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
            If you mean Pic 1, then you have 4 wheel drive but not free wheeling hubs
            Ah OK, it can't be working anyho because any muddy feiuld turns into a donut ring even in 4 low. God knows when oils were last changed so I'll be starting there

Comment

Check the Vacuum lines that operate the ADD system to the front diff

Comment

Working...
              X