I've Got A Zooki........Shhhhhhhhhh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've Got A Zooki........Shhhhhhhhhh!

Saw a really scabby Suzi looking sorry for itself in someones garden. I knocked the door and spoke to the owner. He jump started it off his car and showed me it running. I said," How much?"
    He said, "Nothing."

It's a bit of a Flintstone job but the chassis is all there.

We are collecting it tomorrow. Now I need an angle grinder.
    It's only a hobby!

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
    Saw a really scabby Suzi looking sorry for itself in someones garden. I knocked the door and spoke to the owner. He jump started it off his car and showed me it running. I said," How much?"
    He said, "Nothing."

Bring it on round... cant guarantee how much will be left mind you...
    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

He said, "Nothing."

Welcome to the Flock , my son .

Now you are welcome to the basement , but please bring a light bulb with you next time . Someone from up 'there' stole it a while back

Rick
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
        Welcome to the Flock , my son .

Now you are welcome to the basement , but please bring a light bulb with you next time . Someone from up 'there' stole it a while back

Rick
        Its really cosy down here though... I might have to get a non surf toy just to be allowed here more often!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

I'll post some pics tomorrow. It has half a ton of, "spares," in the back. Moss on the windscreen rubbers, the key is stuck in the ignition, the roof has rotted right through along the offside gutter, so I dont reckonit will be ready for Sunday

The good news is that my bruv is giving me a set of Mud Trackers to go on it
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

I'll post some pics tomorrow. It has half a ton of, "spares," in the back. Moss on the windscreen rubbers, the key is stuck in the ignition, the roof has rotted right through along the offside gutter, so I dont reckonit will be ready for Sunday

The good news is that my bruv is giving me a set of Mud Trackers to go on it
            Puts bulb in
            What do you mean it won't be ready for Sunday, sounds like its fit to go now.

Takes bulb back upstairs
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

this bulb problem it wasnt me chaps
              ive nicked these from upstairs in the LOFT
              Last edited by marky; 20 May 2004, 20:33.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                Its really cosy down here though... I might have to get a non surf toy just to be allowed here more often!!

If you ask Tony he might let you use the rollerskate he uses to get to Hoddesden
                Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Got the Zook home and pushed it into the garage. I don't think I need an angle grinder. All the panels should come off with a cold chisel.

My brothers nick-named her Tetley (1001 perforations).

The spares in the back include a gearbox, transfer box, loads of exhaust bits, an old dog bed (?) a sapre tyre and wheel and a spare tailgate (van type). There is some more stuff under the tailgate............I almost daren't look

At least if the engine conks out I'll be able to drive it Flintstone style.
                  It's only a hobby!

Comment

Ok , wot model ? 410 , 413 or Sami ?

He he , thats got you baffeled MR freebee .................oh , forgot me and Jotto got given the Catering van for nought !!

Generous world this Suzi one

Rick

Comment

Ok , wot model ? 410 , 413 or Sami ?

He he , thats got you baffeled MR freebee .................oh , forgot me and Jotto got given the Catering van for nought !!

Generous world this Suzi one

Rick
                      It's a 410 Estate. No idea what year but I guess early cos the roof is not bolt on.
                      Got it running today. Someone had been playing with the fuel mixture and min choke setting, not realising it was sucking in air cos the inlet manifold gasket had gone. I whipped it off and fitted a new one. Adjusted the mixture til it hunted in each direction and then set it in the middle. Running sweet as a nut now. I've got to get it out tomorrow and put the wheels back on the correct way round. I might have time to get the mud trackers fitted to the rims and empty all the spares out. I had to buy a battery, so she stands me at £17.67 at the moment. One of the heater hoses is so perished it is weeping. I need to sweep the glass out of the cab too. The oil is like tar too. It might make it to the pit on Sunday.
                      It's only a hobby!

Comment

It's a 410 Estate. No idea what year but I guess early cos the roof is not bolt on.
                        Got it running today. Someone had been playing with the fuel mixture and min choke setting, not realising it was sucking in air cos the inlet manifold gasket had gone. I whipped it off and fitted a new one. Adjusted the mixture til it hunted in each direction and then set it in the middle. Running sweet as a nut now. I've got to get it out tomorrow and put the wheels back on the correct way round. I might have time to get the mud trackers fitted to the rims and empty all the spares out. I had to buy a battery, so she stands me at £17.67 at the moment. One of the heater hoses is so perished it is weeping. I need to sweep the glass out of the cab too. The oil is like tar too. It might make it to the pit on Sunday.
                        Keep the wheels 'inside out' , this gives the 410 a wider track as they tend to fall over due to being narrower then the 413 axle . Even so I still managed to tilt it over on wider wheels .

Rick

Comment

Keep the wheels 'inside out' , this gives the 410 a wider track as they tend to fall over due to being narrower then the 413 axle . Even so I still managed to tilt it over on wider wheels .

Rick
                          Cheers Rick. The wheels have to come off again as I still have to get the brakes working. My neighbour has hub pullers. I had another go at the engine today. I remembered Sumo quoting the points gap when his boy was playing with the feeler guages. I set the points and remembered that somewhere in the depths of the shed I had a colour tune kit. Set the jet correctly after a good warmup and she pulls like a pig now. Even got into 2nd with the brakes binding LOL.
                          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Have you sorted the brakes yet Phil?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                              Have you sorted the brakes yet Phil?
                              Probably, but the SJ holding the brakes in place is now just iron oxide...
                              "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Working...
                              X