Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• isuzu

isuzu trooper 3.1 tdi r plate
    anyone now if they are any good, a garage in our village has a r plate with 106k miles on it for £1495 but has a pas prob.
    no im not getting rid of the surf just the wifey dont like me wrecking the surf so thought a trooper maybe a good alternative,

can they be lifted and what kind of g/box have they got?
    john
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

i havent heard many bad things - but IMO they are one of the nastiest trucks around!!

£1500 would get you a Suzuki + looooads of mods if you wanted something for pure offroad

or even a 2nd gen 2.4!!

hell shop around - every once in a while a 3.0ltr comes up round here for that!!

Comment

The 3.1 whilst reliable to a point is a bit soft in the head area, my opinion would be to get the far more capable older 2.8 lump which was known to be totally unbreakable. Truck looks better too.
      Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

can be prone to rot in the chassis and interior trim can be a bit weak, other than that I understand them to be pretty strong...
        Toot! Toot!

Comment

I have a isuzu trooper 2.8td on a g plate that has sat still for 3 years also my boss is selling a g reg 1 for £500 with tax mot etc and i'm selling mine so can be used to repair or worse case strip for parts, was going to ebay it in may ready 4 the summer season

Comment

Working...
          X