Surf Towing & Caravan Things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tow ball

Marky sorry for the long awaited reply with regards to the alko hitch problem i had.............. anyway to cut a long story short ive sorted it. what i have found is that after getting the van in position i let the car reverse litterally an inch make sure the springs are in the hard mode (which is how i tow) and then wind it off and it just comes away easy, the reversing bit is the trick really as you release the bushes slightly.............
    if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

glad you sorted it out. ive been to Pickering for the week took the new awning it was great all that extra room.
      Attached Files
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

It Had To Go

Well the surf love shack had to go. But ive just bought a beast of a caravan its an ABBEY SPECTRUM Twin axle 4 berth state of the art with all the whistles & bells i'll post some pics next weekend. its like going from a Victorian terraced to the state of the art 2004 country mansion
        Attached Files
        Last edited by marky; 13 June 2004, 20:10.
        (\__/)
        (")_(")

Comment

i found a pic
          Attached Files
          (\__/)
          (")_(")

Comment

Well done. It looks a really nice van. Towing with a twin axle is so much better the biggest thing you notice is emerging from junctions. You sort of glide out, no delay waiting for the nose to come up, and much more stable I have towed a twin for about 14 years would not have anything else.
            Attached Files
            Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Comment

BAILEY SENATOR nice van i was looking at those a while back
              (\__/)
              (")_(")

Comment

very very posh glad to see youve come on board to the Abbey team Marky they are nice vans all of them......
                Attached Files
                if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

The only downside on buying the new caravan is my brand new awning wont fit as my old one is 935cm & the new one is 1010cm so the nice salesman knocked £200 off the new one & its a Bradcott sport, very nice i said i'll have one.
                  Attached Files
                  (\__/)
                  (")_(")

Comment

You could have taken it to a canvas shop and had a peice put in the roof. I kept my 92 awning going by adding and removing bits depending on the caravan I changed to. Although had to finnaly let it go when I bought the Bailey. Well end of the month will be the acid test. I will hitch up and head for the ferry. I hope France is ready for the Surf!!!!!!!. Used to be a regular visitor with the caravan but have not been for a few years.

Malcolm
                    Attached Files
                    Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Comment

whats the total plate weight on yours malcolm
                      (\__/)
                      (")_(")

Comment

Heres some pics of ours

Finally remembered to take the digital camera out of the car. Heres our outfit. The caravan is a 1997 Abbey County Dorset. I bet you can't guess what the towing vehicle is
                        Attached Files
                        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Was you on the fairway when you took that photo phil LOL
                          Nice van mate. going to see mine again on sunday will take the camera to take some pics of the cocktail cabinet etc. I pick it up on tuesday afternoon.
                          (\__/)
                          (")_(")

Comment

Hi Marky. On the plate it says : MTPI.M 1550 Kg. Mass in running order 1256 Kg. Being an oldie I am not sure of the conversion from Cwt to Kgs I guess the all up weight is around 30 Cwt or about a ton an a half.

I have had my last van over an enforcement weighbridge and the weight transmitted to the road through each axle was approx 650 Kg. I was driving along the A1 and saw them checking HGV's weights so I just drove in and asked them to check mine..

Comment

CWT comes in at 1690AD im talking Y2K 1000Kgs = 1Tonne i think my M I R O is 1600 Kgs
                              (\__/)
                              (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                                Was you on the fairway when you took that photo phil LOL
                                Nice van mate. going to see mine again on sunday will take the camera to take some pics of the cocktail cabinet etc. I pick it up on tuesday afternoon.
                                The pics were taken on a nice little CL near Highbridge, Somerset. We stayed there for a week. There were never any more than 2 units on site at one time. I've never slept so well. Could have been something to do with the 3 Litre box of red wine though
                                It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                                X