Fuel not getting to injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel not getting to injectors

Hi there, please bear with me as this is my first post.

I have a 1995 KZN130 SSRX LTD, and the other week as I turned it over it was as if I had run out of diesel. The fuel tank is a quarter full, fuel is getting to the fuel filter, when its pumped it goes hard, but fuel is not getting to the injectors somewhere in between the filter and the injectors. I'm at my wits end and the mechanic is totally stumped as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks Scott

It could be that the injection pump is air-locked. On top of the injection pump is a 17mm nut, undo this and have a look inside with a torch to see if there's any diesel inside.

If it's empty, pump the primer again or pour diesel in manually with a funnel until it's full then tighten the 17mm nut back up again. Loosen the pipes on top of the injectors and then try cranking the engine. If fuel comes through, tighten the pipes on the injectors back up again and crank it again.

Best of luck.
    Last edited by Spencer75; 3 January 2015, 22:49.

Comment

On the fuel inlet line to the pump there is a tiny gauze filter, remove the fuel line and crack off the adaptor in the pump inside this you will find a gauze filter. It is possible that this is blocked.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Thanks guys have passed it on fingers crossed!!

Comment

my 3rd gen recently stalled twice for no apparent reason as it started again with out any problem. The third time it stalled however it wouldn't restart due to there being no diesel at the injectors. After a lot of head scratching the fuel spill valve was knackered and not opening to allow fuel through so a quick purchase from Roughtrax 4x4 and all is now sorted. There was 10.6V to it confirmed by placing a meter on the live supply and then to earth. When the ignition was on it would click as though opening but when turned off there was no click heard. I borrowed one off my mates Surf and mine started with out a problem.
          Hope this helps others with a similar fault.

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN2000 View Post
            my 3rd gen recently stalled twice for no apparent reason as it started again with out any problem. The third time it stalled however it wouldn't restart due to there being no diesel at the injectors. After a lot of head scratching the fuel spill valve was knackered and not opening to allow fuel through so a quick purchase from Roughtrax 4x4 and all is now sorted. There was 10.6V to it confirmed by placing a meter on the live supply and then to earth. When the ignition was on it would click as though opening but when turned off there was no click heard. I borrowed one off my mates Surf and mine started with out a problem.
            Hope this helps others with a similar fault.
            http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/denso-sp...rol-valve.html

That's great, I have added the link to the RT SCV.

I wonder if RT have only recently started stocking them...so many threads in the past about the SCV being the suspect and people overhauling the diesel pump etc.
            This will potentially help a lot of KZ-TEs. Well done, good find.

I also had the intermittent engine shut down issue but in my case it was the ECU.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X