Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thatcham Cat 1 Alarms

Hey all,

I'm thinking of moving from the (annoying has hell) Thatcham Cat 2 immobilizer I've got with the stupid wee sodding pluggy in fob thing (technical term, I'm sure) to a Cat 1 alarm. Ideally, I'm looking for one that'll give me remote central locking (seems fairly common), pull the mirrors in, and maybe even put the windows up. Just wondering if anyone has any advice or experience of any of them? I've read there may be some complications to do with positive/negative switching with some things?

Also, and this is a long shot, if anyone's used any Thatcham certified fitters in the Scottish Central Belt, if they've got any experience of them or recommendations it would be appreciated :-)

Steve

Yeah the pluggy thingy is a pile of tw4t! A malfunction on mine a couple of years ago caused me great grief. Will get the whole sodding thing uninstalled at some point. As for Alarms, I'd personally recommend Clifford, but that's from old skool experience. Always used to be the No1 alarm with multiple add-on options, inc auto-start for auto gearbox motors. Pager alters so you know when some scroat is trying to get in, warn away tones & voice recordings, total closure (solenoids needed) for your windows. Maybe there's better makes out there now, but if Clifford are still going they must be doing something right.

Comment

Working...
    X