Clear All

• cant wait to try these out off roading

will have to go light on the right foot from now on
    Attached Files
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

They lock up on tarmac then do they?

Dori fun times

Comment

They will be good I think, I have a true Trac fitted front and rear and it seems to make a massive difference Offroad.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewd Lux Lover View Post
        They lock up on tarmac then do they?

Dori fun times
        they are basically locked all the time and unlock when coasting and there is a difference between the wheels.
        on tarmac highway is ok, tight turns up hill are interesting and around town is a bit of a pain.

Comment

I get ya. So not so much drifting as crabbing round corners. Its the sort of thing I would love to do in time.

Comment

yes could oversteer all over the place. Mmm tight country bends when green laning could be an issue just have together enough momentum and coast around them then ha!
            will post write up as usual may start over the weekend.

Comment

on gravel, dirt, grass they just stay locked and you chew up the ground with one wheel on the turns.
              works great on our back roads. fantastic for driving on the loose metal.
              don't have much problem in the wet, bit of tire squeal now and then.

just around town when you don't have enough momentum to coast around a tight corner and it tends to make the surf almost bunny hop like your a beginner driver. i'm told auto's are not to bad.
              you just have to be careful on how you drive.
              you can't accelerate hard out of a turn.

putting the boot into it makes the locker lock even if your half way through a turn. so the two wheels turning at different speeds are forced to match speeds......with a bang and tail shake.

Comment

squre peg round hole!

need a spider cross to fit!
                Attached Files

Comment

rear one now sorted will post pics shortly when i do the front one!

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy77 View Post
                    rear one now sorted will post pics shortly when i do the front one!
                    These are what I fitted to the front & rear of my 70 Series Land Cruiser. There are Detroit Truetrac and I fitted one to the front & one to the rear. They give excellent traction off road & cross axle grip.

Comment

That's what I want in my 3rd Gen...

TrueTracs front and rear.

It spends 99% of its life on road, and I'm hoping it'll also help get the V8 power down on tarmac, so I don't look like a bell end wheel spinning out of junctions!
                      More Lift.
                      More Tyres.
                      More Engine.

Comment

nothing worse than unloading on an open diff. Peeling both wheels? yes. Shitty open diff showing you up? NO! lol.

Best thing I ever did to my 328 was fit an LSD with a tight ratio. Drifting is where the best laughs are had, though scary with two ton behind the slide I'll wager!!

Comment

My Surf with an LSD is near enough undriveable in the wet in 2wd. It's quite the experience...

I've had a 3.5L E30 with an LSD, a 6L 2wd pick up, RX7, loads of nonsense, but nothing as bloody slippy as this thing..

I think it's the weight, once it starts going, bit of lean, and woooahhh there!!

Comment

There is only one rule.....

NEVER LIFT!

Comment

Working...
                            X