yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List of North American Toyotas that came with 4.88 gears?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of North American Toyotas that came with 4.88 gears?

So after two years of sitting, I dropped the 3rd member out of my Surf to find my crown and pinion pooched (as assumed). Now I'm Canada and to my knowledge the 4.88 was not very common in the 4runners sold here. I called Toyota to price one and they couldn't not even bring it up in their system because I couldn't tell them which North American vehicle model came with 4.88 gears.

I've been doing some googling for the last little bit here, but I can only find charts that I would need to know the rear end code (like G145) for already. I'm hoping there's a chart with vehicle models and then their respective stock gear ratio.

He told me I would either need a model of a vehicle or the exact product code. Neither of which I can produce.

Cheers,
    Ian

the other way is to find a 2nd hand head in any ratio and fit aftermarket gears, which will be stronger than the toyota gears.
    unfortunately the 4.88 heads will not fit aftermarket or other toyota ratio's.

Comment

My Surf has 4.8 gearing and the part number for the kit is 41201-29816. Try a search for that part number or see what the dealer comes up with.

Nev.
      Last edited by NiftyNev; 3 February 2017, 13:33.

Comment

BTW that info is all in the EPC, but the dealer may not have it for the Surf.

Nev.

Comment

It seems like the certain models of the 1994/1995 4runner came with 4.88 gears.

I found this overhaul kit. https://www.napacanada.com/en/p/UBSSDK352MK

I'm just hesitating on pulling the trigger on the chance that I'm missing something because the page doesn't specifically say 4.88 ratio. Just that it's 8" for a 94/95 4runner. Any insight?

Thanks to everyone who has read my questions with patience.

Comment

Originally posted by Monolithic View Post
            It seems like the certain models of the 1994/1995 4runner came with 4.88 gears.

I found this overhaul kit. https://www.napacanada.com/en/p/UBSSDK352MK

I'm just hesitating on pulling the trigger on the chance that I'm missing something because the page doesn't specifically say 4.88 ratio. Just that it's 8" for a 94/95 4runner. Any insight?

Thanks to everyone who has read my questions with patience.
            If you click on Buyer's Guide, below 'Specification', it says it fits the 1996-2002 4Runner (3rd Gen Surf), not the 1994-1995. What year is yours? You better double check before you order.

Cheers.

Comment

What is the Model and Frame numbers of your Surf?

Nev.

Comment

the guys of lokka.com normally are helpful on those details.
                the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Working...
                X