Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992 Toyota Hilux Surf 2.4TD (LN130) SSR-G: £1090

**CALLING ALL HILUX ENTHUSIASTS!!**

I am finally having to sell my beloved Hilux. I’ve had to buy a van for my new business and cant afford to keep this going too. Very frustrating given the amount I have recently spent doing it back up, and how close it is to being fully fixed. The last thing that needs fixing is a leaking diesel pump injector. If the mechanic knows what they are doing they can try fixing it themselves, perhaps with some components from a dealer called Rough Trax, and maybe some research on the internet from forums etc. This is possible, and the cheaper alternative, if you have a suitable mechanic. Otherwise it will cost around £600 for a new Denso Diesel pump. It is also right at the back of the engine, so it is a day or two labour to pull everything out to get to it and put it all back together again. I’m told this issue is the reason for the power loss, which means it is only capable of about 40mph at the moment. However, I wonder if the real reason is actually because the last mechanic just didn’t time it up correctly. In the past I’ve had mechanics have no problems with this, whereas others don’t really seem to know what they’re doing. Anyway, all in all, maybe £700-1000 to get it back on full form again. I couldn’t recommend this enough though as you will then have one of the best 4x4’s you can get for around £2000. Very good for filling with people, BBQ’s, speakers, drumkits, firewood, and carrying all of that onto a beach, or up a snowy trail in the middle of the peak district. It has also taken me through a snow drift before, passing about 20 abandoned cars along the way. Loads of fun. Probably a bit stupid though.

GOOD BITS:
    - Rare, top of the range SSR-G with Recaro seats
    - Twin Battery winter pack system with heated fuel injection
    - Control that allows the driver to switch between 4-wheel and rear 2-wheel drive
    - Differential lock (cos it’s a proper 4x4…)
    - New Cylinder Head and Head Gasket Fitted in 2014
    - New Radiator fitted 2014
    - All four tyres are practically new Yokohama Geolandars
    - All engine hoses replaced between 2009/2014
    - Central locking all working fine
    - Electric windows all working fine, including the big back door window
    - Electric sunroof working fine
    - Cobra Alarm system fitted with both remote and touch pad immobiliser fobs
    - Turbo timer fitted prolonging the life of the turbo
    - 4 x Alpine 4 inch coaxial speakers fitted
    - Brand new starting battery
    - Thule Roof Bars
    - Plywood, yacht varnished Roof Rack built by myself (see pic) included
    - Pre-mixed spray can matching the original colour included
    - Spare Bonnet and rear bumper cover included (see pics)
    - 125,000 Miles (ish) which is still very low for this kind of truck
    - Original Booklet, Ellery manual (Haines equivalent), and all my receipts & paperwork included

BAD BITS:
    - Leaking Diesel pump
    - Top speed 40mph due to leaking pump (..or belt timing..?)
    - MOT expired
    - No head unit
    - Dents and some patches of rust in the chrome bumpers (but you can get brand new chrome bumpers from Rough Trax)
    - Scratches on the paintwork. These can be temporarily touched up by the spray paint I’m including, but the reason I didn’t do this myself before the photos is because I want the new owner to have the option to sort them out properly if they want to.
    - The auxiliary battery is dead...but recoverable, check this link to find out how: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x-J...xxS1Zk&index=2
    - The carpet on the back door has a burnt patch on it (But can be replaced easily)
    - The AC needs reconditioning
    - The touch pad immobiliser fob needs re-configuring (check Cobra website)
    - The Milometer broke a few years ago, so even though it reads 144,854 Kms (90,000 Miles) in reality, it has done closer to 120,000 Miles (ish)

This is a great vehicle and I hope whoever buys it will love it as much as I have. It is currently sitting in a driveway in East Manchester. Please contact me if you have any further questions.

£1090 and its yours.

Please follow this link to see a video of the car being started and the engine ticking over:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLcdiiSHD6E

Thanks very much,

Felix Hatton
    07713 644 068
    felix@oakcomp.co.uk
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Felix Hatton; 3 August 2016, 11:50.
Working...
X