Hilux OVERFAB Exorack roof tent rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilux OVERFAB Exorack roof tent rack

Yes i have got a roof tent to go on my hilux.

Slight issue .. the canopy on my Hilux will not hold it and i want it over the canopy.

So after looking at a lot of ideas i elected to build a Exorack But as you lot know fabrication is not a strong point for me ...... as i am not a welder. So i needed to get help.
    As a few of you know A HPOC member called Stringer runs a company over at Westbury called Overfab, so i approached him with some ideas. Eventually my favoured choice was the Exorack, which was a roof rack that was supported from a pair of rock sliders and a fabricated rear bumper.

Stage 1 was to invert the tow bar to make a base for the rear bumper.

then some box bumpers.

that progresses into.....

and then some sliders....

Last edited by BioHazard; 23 November 2015, 23:18.
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Next he started in the cage...

and connected them

then the roof struts

and a second fixing to the bumper

tomorrow we continue ......... I'll keep you all posted on how it goes

Comment

That looks really nice!

Comment

looks really good biohazard, Stringer is doing good job think i have seen these pictures on another forum who has the copyright?
        http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

Very good, waiting for part 2!

What engine do those UK Invincible come with? D4D?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by tashtego View Post
            Very good, waiting for part 2!

What engine do those UK Invincible come with? D4D?

Cheers
            Yes it's a 2.5 D4D with the TTE chip.

looks really good biohazard, Stringer is doing good job think i have seen these pictures on another forum who has the copyright?
            Yes stringer has taken some of the photos ..... and i am the customer..... plus i said i would post on here and let him do HPOC and facebook.

Comment

Very nice,it looks good with those Mitsubishi wheels.

Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by tashtego View Post
                Very nice,it looks good with those Mitsubishi wheels.

Enjoy.
                The offset was right for 31'12.5'15 tyres with the lift I put on

Comment

Trying to post the latest pictures but keep getting a 403 error
                  Last edited by BioHazard; 25 November 2015, 07:24.

Comment

Ahh Now the photos on facebook make sense (I'm sure facebook only gives me half the messages).

Looks good.
                    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Hi Bio. Long time no speak.

Your project is looking good.

Just thought I'd let you know I put your old Gen3 through the MOT recently and it only needed a couple of small things despite a hard year involving a lot of towing.

That Hilux you own - is that a gen 6?

You did tell me what you wanted and why but I've forgotten....

Comment

Originally posted by TwoBobRob View Post
                        Hi Bio. Long time no speak.

Your project is looking good.

Just thought I'd let you know I put your old Gen3 through the MOT recently and it only needed a couple of small things despite a hard year involving a lot of towing.

That Hilux you own - is that a gen 6?

You did tell me what you wanted and why but I've forgotten....
                        Mk 5 hilux invincible. So good to here the petrol best is going strong. If you look on www.hopc.co.uk the full thread is there in the modifications section.

Comment

some more pics

Comment

Well Stringer has been doing a lot of welding and grinding

So it was fitted on for a trial fit befor painting.
                            First the wheels have to come off ......

Comment

Next it was bolted together....

Tomorrow it comes off and it will be painted.... can not wait to get it back and fit the tent

Comment

Working...
                              X