No announcement yet.

Modified Brake systems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the replies I have bought two new calipers which are awaiting fitting and with those Ill fit some decent pads and braided lines to see how it is then.

Regarding rear disc conversions what parts and from what are required? Are parts from a landcruiser the way forward or is there a more suitable donor / mix of donor parts?

Comment

Not for a 2nd Gen, 3rd Gen's should be able to just swap on Colorado discs and fittings, I will be doing this to mine, or even just swapping the whole axle. The days of hosing out the rear drums after days offroading are over!!

But thats the only reason for doing it, I still agree well maintained 2nd Gen brakes are perfectly good enough till you start running 35's or really low crawler gears.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Toyo View Post
        Hi there..
        This is what i found, it's for a USA 1st gen Runner, but I think it must be the same for a 2nd gen...

I think, it could be interesting..

http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.ph...64640#msg64640

(This is a copy & paste)

time to upgrade the Master Cylinder in preparation for my T100 caliper swap - the bigger pistons on the T100 calipers need a slightly bigger MC bore. The '90s T100 1 tons have a 1-1/16" MC bore vs the popular 1" bore found in many mid 90's 4runners and LandCruisers - bigger isn't necessarily better when it comes to the MC bore. A bigger bore moves more fluid, but produces less hydraulic pressure with the same amount of force on the pedal. In this case, I wanted to match what was available on the T100.

here's my $50 ebay master cylinder, brand new - note the 1-1/16" cast on the side

out with the old 7/8" bore MC

in with the new (and the aluminum looks much prettier than rust greengrin)

it was a simple bolt on swap, no drama. The front brake line needed to be bent a bit to match up with the T100 MC port. I didn't bother to bench bleed it, prefering to do it on the vehicle with a rag under the lines. Initial driving impressions are good with pressure building and the pedal firm very near the top of it's travel, though when I get the T100 calipers on it should soften up a bit. I would not recommend this size MC with the stock 1st gen calipers as it could get tiring to drive with the extra firm pedal. On a 2nd gen with the "S12W" calipers though, it might be a nice upgrade that would give a better pedal feel.

I cannot personally vouch for this cross reference:

Brake Master Cylinder for the following 1 TON Models:
        1994 Toyota T100 Pickup : 4-2694 2.7L DOHC
        1994 Toyota T100 Pickup : V6-2958 3.0L SOHC
        1995 Toyota T100 Pickup : 4-2694 2.7L DOHC - Notes: w/o ABS
        1995 Toyota T100 Pickup : V6-3378 3.4L DOHC - Notes: w/o ABS
        1996 Toyota T100 Pickup : 4-2694 2.7L DOHC - Notes: w/o ABS
        1996 Toyota T100 Pickup : V6-3378 3.4L DOHC - Notes: w/o ABS
        1997 Toyota T100 Pickup : 4-2694 2.7L DOHC - Notes: w/o ABS
        1997 Toyota T100 Pickup : V6-3378 3.4L DOHC - Notes: w/o ABS
        1998 Toyota T100 Pickup : 4-2694 2.7L DOHC - Notes: w/o ABS
        1998 Toyota T100 Pickup : V6-3378 3.4L DOHC - Notes: w/o ABS
        Shame that I can't see those pics
        the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Working...
        X