This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Overland Tonka View Post
    Buy cheap, sell high. Or buy the wrong car cheap and sell very high. That would work I guess.
    A quick glace at ebay would indicate their website prices to be well-North of the going rate for similar vehicles already here to view.

There are not many 1999+ Surfs that come up for sale on ebay but I would not be keen to pay Algys Autos / Algy's Autos 7K or thereabouts when just slightly older vehicles are half that.
    Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
      If I google Algy's Autos I don't get this thread til page 4... And the Mitsubishi Pajero's forum is on page 1! Although I suppose if you want to import a Pajero from Japan using Algy's Autos then you have only yourself to blame. I have no experience of Algy's Autos myself, but certainly reading about Algy's Autos in this thread would make me think twice about importing a Toyota Hilux Surf Import from Algy's Autos.
      Strange... I'm still getting page one, sixth on that page for this thead regarding Algy autos. There is two Hilux surf bits from this thread (6th and 7th) abut Algy autos. There is quite a bit about Algy autos on google. I went on their site and could not see your truck on the recently sold section of Algy autos website...not sure why it's not there??...
      Last edited by Overland Tonka; 18 July 2011, 09:01.
      .... Which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by J i m s t e r View Post
        A quick glace at ebay would indicate their website prices to be well-North of the going rate for similar vehicles already here to view.

There are not many 1999+ Surfs that come up for sale on ebay but I would not be keen to pay Algys Autos / Algy's Autos 7K or thereabouts when just slightly older vehicles are half that.
        Oops...I think I spelt the name wrong... Is it Algys autos?.... Or Algy's autos?... Or Algy autos?
        Last edited by Overland Tonka; 18 July 2011, 09:02.
        .... Which was nice.

Comment

It might be because you are literate and Googled Algy's Autos whereas the rest of us (including Algys Autos) have Used Algys Autos. I don't know much about how Google works, does it make any difference if you Google Algys Autos, Algy's Autos or even algy's Auots Ltd?
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

what have they done? I emailed them the other day an they emailed back

Comment

Be good if Algy autos did the morally correct thing and refunded the monies...that would be very good P.R move... I'm sure Max C would advise as such.
              .... Which was nice.

Comment

I would have thought most search engines would probably pull up all the alternative spellings, so Algy, Algys and Algy's. I could be wrong though
                Now it's time to play!

Comment

or algysautos algy'sautos algysautosltd algys autos ltd
                  Nick...... Turning Japanese, I really think so !!

Comment

Originally posted by J i m s t e r View Post
                    I thought the a*se had fell out of the import game thanks to an unfavourable yen/quid ratio? The prices they show on their site are very strong indeed and have not changed in years.
                    I imagine that's why Algy's Autos (with the best prices on Japanese imports such as the hilux surf, Nissan figaro and Mazda bongo) are not playing ball. Probably trying to stay afloat in tough economic times. Maybe also why algys autos ltd dissolved and moved to Cyprus to just trade as Algys Autos - presumably a better euro to yen exchange rate up until the Greek economy exploded.

As for the bottom falling out of the import market, I suppose the Nissan Figaro (sold by their other company Figs4u) remains popular and the Mazda Bongo is gaining in popularity as campers are so expensive. Algy's Autos are also the leaders in the import of these Japanese K (kei) cars and campervans so must still just about be solvent.

Comment

Congrats everyone.... A google search for Algy autos brings this thread in at 4th spot on page one.

A jump of two places up the top 40 chart for all you pop pickers out there.

Just being kept off the the number one slot by that favourite broken record " the official Algy website"

So kids what will be number one by the weekend??
                      .... Which was nice.

Comment

Watch this space

Nothing has happened so far but I will be posting soon. One bit of interesting information is that you can no longer leave feedback on Algy's site!
                        Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Piker View Post
                          Nothing has happened so far but I will be posting soon. One bit of interesting information is that you can no longer leave feedback on Algy's site!
                          I hadn't noticed that you actually could in the first place. Must've been well hidden! (On one of the many websites! lol)

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
                            I hadn't noticed that you actually could in the first place. Must've been well hidden! (On one of the many websites! lol)
                            You can here though!
                            http://www.reviewcyprus.com/business/Algys-Autos-Ltd

But you do have to create an account first and it is reviewed before it's allowed to be added!
                            Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Piker View Post
                              You can here though!
                              http://www.reviewcyprus.com/business/Algys-Autos-Ltd

But you do have to create an account first and it is reviewed before it's allowed to be added!
                              Probably otherwise known as selective feedback
                              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                              My choice
                              Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi View Post
                                Probably otherwise known as selective feedback
                                Well, one of the reviews appears to be from Algy's Autos.

Incidentally, in case anyone didn't know, they import cars from Japan, such as the Hilux Surf, Nissan Figaro (figs4u), Mitsuoka Viewt, Mazda Bonga and Ford Freda. They also use the name Algys Autos and Algy's Autos Ltd (which is a dissolved i.e. non-existent company)

Comment

Working...
                                X