Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Milner springs

Just for info.

My Milner rear springs, the stiffer ones have just started sagging considerably on my truck after only 14 months!!!

mornin' mrbill

that seems very early for the springs to be giving up. I've fitted the 20% uprated ones (yellow) on the back (over 3 years ago) and the front (last April) and had no probs at all. I use the truck for towing a large caravan (hence the stiffer springs) and all is well.

perhpas a call to milners might be worth a go - I know the springs are out of warrenty etc. but I've always found them very helpful (I use them a lot)

hawaii
    I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaii View Post
      mornin' mrbill

that seems very early for the springs to be giving up. I've fitted the 20% uprated ones (yellow) on the back (over 3 years ago) and the front (last April) and had no probs at all. I use the truck for towing a large caravan (hence the stiffer springs) and all is well.

perhpas a call to milners might be worth a go - I know the springs are out of warrenty etc. but I've always found them very helpful (I use them a lot)

hawaii
      Yeah, maybe I have just been unlucky. Mines are the blue ones 20% uprated. I thought to begin with the sag was my 2 inch spacers but they're fine so the springs sadly have let me down.

I think I'll try the 3''+ LC ones but I'll wait until I have the money to buy bigger tyres of she might look a little silly with 31's :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaii View Post
        mornin' mrbill

hawaii
        Hawaii what have you been using for shocks?, did you do just the rears 3yrs ago then changed the fronts last april,how did it handle with just the rears uprated?

Comment

rear springs

i bought a set of 20% uprated springs from milners had same problem they had been on for about a year, then went for mot offside spring had snapped, (no offroad use) so bought a set from roughtrax little dearer but seem to be better springs altogether
          15 years in shiny club, lovely

Comment

Mine have been on for 28,000 miles and have sagged a little bit - I think all springs settle a bit after fitting though.

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
              Mine have been on for 28,000 miles and have sagged a little bit - I think all springs settle a bit after fitting though.
              Mine have lost nearly 2 inches!

Comment

afternoon all

started by changing the rear springs (as I tow a lot) for the 20% uprated springs but with standard replacement shocks from Milners. didn't really want to lift it as the caravan site just about perfect

Did the fronts (20% uprated springs and standard shocks) this year as the shocks got an advisory on last year mot.

as I said before, not noticed any drop at the rear, overall, for the price, very happy with the milner stuff

hawaii

Comment

which standard shocks did you use, mine are the adjustable ones from inside the truck, do the standard ones just fit in the same place?

cheers rob

Comment

hi rob

just standard oil filled ones, replaced the toyota adjustable ones (which I assume were the originals).

Went straight on only thing was I had to tie up the wiring for the adjustables.

ta

hawaii

Comment

Sagging milner springs

Same problem with my Milner uprated blue springs. They started sagging after about a year now, a few years on, the offside is so bad they need replacing. No off roading undertaken and no load carried. Very poor. I don't buy Milners stuff any more - cheap for a reason.

Comment

thats a late answer! (5 years later) but still with the same problem!!! i guessed it with in 5 years that springs should stop selling

the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Working...
                        X