piston and cylinder head advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• piston and cylinder head advice please

I am rebuilding an engine. I took out the pistons and all four are cracked between the top two rings!! That explains the smoke and power loss anyway. What pistons can I fit into the engine? I have three good ones from an old pickup 2L engine, and could get another for a set. There are sets on ebay for relatively cheap for KZN engines. I have had a look on Toyo-DIY and there is a lot of cross referencing of part numbers, it seems this piston is used in lots of different engines. What pistons can I actually put in a 2.4 surf??

I have had the head skimmed too, not by much at all, so the compression will not have changed dramatically. I do want to get a thicker gasket than standard. Where can I get a thicker gasket?

cheers

Ya could try searching for Roughtrax or Milner Offroad n they could be able to supply ya the head gasket you require ..
    Good Luck

15+ Years of Surfs .. n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !! So 2 Surfs are 1 now ..
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

milner sell the thickest gaskets available
      Old enough to know better but then again.....

Comment

there is no standard size head gasket.
        i think toyota use 5 different sizes.
        basically you measure the piston height then order the correct sized head gasket. if you want to get really fancy you can install the pistons, measure them, then machine all the higher ones down.

if you just install the biggest head gasket, odds are it will run poorly.

Comment

Working...
        X