Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About the winch

Hello ,

so the first one is done, now I would like to know if anyone has mounted a winch without the large bumper, because I do not like this, the original I find beautiful.
    Has anyone maybe even an idea where I can mount my winds here.

Thanks and regards
    Martin
    Attached Files
    Red Monster, KZN130 3,0 Litre Diesel

Hello,

so now I have (I hope so) found a good solution for my winch. At first I had them down in the height of the license plate but I found that she is down there very deep, and if you hang in the mud to get off hard, so upwards with your. Do me a bracket welded to the frame which is mounted behind the bumper and hits the bull catcher, all hiding beautiful, it can be seen only the bull catcher, and it looks as if the winds bolted only there.

What do you think of the solution.

greeting
    Martin
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Peebles05; 1 February 2016, 20:23.

Comment

Looks Like a tidy install, and I hope you have some strong connections to the chassis there.

I'd be concerned that you have blocked the air flow to your radiator through the grill.

Hows yours temps been since winch fitted ?

Comment

I agree, there's serious blockage of the airflow with that set up, especially on a 2nd gen

Comment

Hello there,
          I have the cooling extent remembered that I have the winch is not mounted directly on the grille but I have good 10cm space between them (the winds and the Toyota mark). Today I was much in the city on the move, and the engine temperature was actually quite normal, but I'll watch it.
          The attachment is a frame which is connected directly to the frame and comes out at the Bull catcher. It is beneath the chrome plating. Say the screw with which the winch is mounted, passes through the steel of the bull catcher in my specially built holder. It only looks as if the winds mounted only on Bull catcher, since the actual support is hidden behind the bull catcher.

Comment

That's quite high up for a winch.
            For best effect a winch should be low down . The idea is that it pulls you up and out . If you mount it high up then when you use it it will be pulling the truck down into the mud etc and have to work twice as hard . This will lead to it not being very effective and wearing out much quicker .
            PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

yeah the winch is high up and to get fixing back to the chassis they will be big and canterlevered so they will have to be big to be strong enough! the winch should be on a level with the front cross member of the chassis thats where they are normally mounted
              Last edited by dannyboy77; 4 February 2016, 21:29.
              http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

have a look at this thread, may give you some ideas

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=81737
                http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

That will bend that bull bar, its not designed to carry or mount a winch on.

Comment

Working...
                  X