This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mirv View Post
    Did you buy the car from a VIN number or from photos alone? Looking through the adverts on tradecarview some seem to include the VIN where as some don't?? Did Algy's Auto's source this car for you or did you approach them to purchase that particular vehicle? Did AA send you any kind of inspection report before the deal was done? What was included in this report? i.e. additional photos, VIN, engine numbers etc...

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to fully understand how this works.
    Usually Algy buys direct from auction and you get a report. On this occasion I found one I liked and asked him if he would handle everything. It was from a picture only, no VIN. However I did expect that his agent would perform a visual check, as stated in his blurb. He didn't and when the wrong vehicle turned up he back pedalled like mad.

From my point of view as long as everything goes well you are ok with Algy's, but the minute there's a problem beware!
    Here's what he says regarding the "Import Scheme" : (My comments in Blue)
    Import Scheme Regulations:

1. The car can be selected from our excisting stock if it is not UK landed.
    2. We can purchase any used car in Japan for you using this scheme. As long as it's one of ours!
    3. The full purchase price of the car must be paid at time of purchase from our stock ( This is the price WE paid for the car in Japan NOT the advertised price!) (the car only NOT shipping, VAT and other duties / expenses).So if we do a deal and shave some off the price we get to keep the difference!
    4. We shall arrange all UK duties and fees. You will be given this invoice and pay exactly this fee.
    5. The car can be shipped to any UK port of your choice.
    6. We can arrange your car collection from port, Mot, Registration, IVA test, Service, Conversions, any Cosmetics at our Bristol Garage. Even Nation-wide delivery! If, that is, you want to be charged for work that is not carried out and sub standard fitting of alarms
    7. The commission fee is £350. For which all we do is fill out a few forms, big frigging deal!

8. We arrange EVERYTHING for you at a price that is immposible to equal! Because everyone else actually looks after their clients
    9. We bring your car in with our other stock and it is 100% safe. That is it's 100% safe for us, we make £350 guaranteed on every deal, no matter what pile of crap you end up with!

10. If you wish to be quoted for any car in our stock on the Import Scheme either contact us by phone or email as above.

These are, of course, personal views only but if you really want to do business with someone who think's he's Del Boy go ahead!
    Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

Mo Mowlam motors, has a ring to it.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Piker View Post
        So if we do a deal and shave some off the price we get to keep the difference!
        When you send the payment for the car does it go directly to the seller or is it paid to Algy's Auto's and then they pay for the car? Are you given an invoice for the car from the seller or from Algy's Auto's?

Originally posted by Ace Piker View Post
        If, that is, you want to be charged for work that is not carried out and sub standard fitting of alarms
        I've had my fair share of experience with alarm fitters, usually involves things dropping out from under the dash onto your feet when driving along. The last couple of alarms I've needed, I've fitted myself and then had them checked by an approved installer and the certificate stamped. What were you charged for that wasn't done? That sounds a little dodgy?

Comment

send them a dump in a box
          and have done with it
          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by Mirv View Post

What were you charged for that wasn't done? That sounds a little dodgy?
            I asked them to use pink anti freeze, but they insisted they only used blue! When I looked in the rad it was still pink from Japan. Makes you wonder what else they didn't do though!

Comment

Been a while dropped off the radar so to speak

Any update Martin...............
              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi View Post

not you too!!!!!
                must be a bug going around...
                well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

not a bug and your missing the point of this one

My 4x4
                  My choice
                  Back off

Comment

This one should be a sticky. Save some other poor buyer from this mob.
                    Brian

Comment

• Originally posted by Koi View Post

Had to bite the bullet I'm afraid! Algy really stiffed me and I could never recommend him to anyone again.
                      Paint is still coming off, needs some mechanical work. Mrs Piker is using it as a runaround. Had to get something else for work.
                      Sorry have not been around but has been a pretty awful few years considering. Heel still not mended, work still mental. Still, I have a job and a life, better than some I guess. The old silver 3rd gen may soon be up for sale, the lady I gave it to has started to have to spend too much on it. Will keep you guys posted!

Comment

• Real shame Algy auto , Algys Auto , Algy autos or Algys autos did not appear (notes word appear) to help you more in any way.
                        Algy auto , Algys Auto , Algy autos or Algys autos being as reputable ( well by the unbiased feedback on his site they are) did not appear (appear again) to even come to some sort of mutual agreement on this one.
                        It seems (Notes word seems) from what has been evidenced here Algy auto , Algys Auto , Algy autos or Algys autos have what appears (its plural this time) simply taken your money and washed thier hands of the whole matter, real shame on Algy auto , Algys Auto , Algy autos or Algys autos part.

My 4x4
                        My choice
                        Back off

Comment

• Algys Autos.

Does sound like a Pikey scrapyard when you say out loud doesn't it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                            Algys Autos.

Does sound like a Pikey scrapyard when you say out loud doesn't it.
                            Yeah, or trotters independent trading,

Comment

• how they work

Dont be taken in by the "we have our buyer in japan" blurb. Essentially, What they do is just purchase vehicles from japanese online auto sales and auction sites (that are freely accessible and open to anyone) bung on a huge premium for doing basically very little. You could - as i discovered - purchase the exact same vehicle direct from the site yourself and save yourself a fortune - even the shipping to the uk is organised by the japanese vendors.
                              Last edited by nick.jsg; 3 March 2013, 16:56.

Comment

• Originally posted by nick.jsg View Post
                                Dont be taken in by the "we have our buyer in japan" blurb. Essentially, What they do is just purchase vehicles from japanese online auto sales and auction sites (that are freely accessible and open to anyone) bung on a huge premium for doing basically very little. You could - as i discovered - purchase the exact same vehicle direct from the site yourself and save yourself a fortune - even the shipping to the uk is organised by the japanese vendors.
                                Absolutely. As long as you have a visa card and internet access, you can get yourself a Jap import from the dozens of online traders. There are some that are better than others but its a simple process. It is such a cutthroat market that they make it very easy for the customer, That's how everybody gets their surfs and other japanese cars here in Africa. Never understood why in UK some people use an intermediary...

Comment

Working...
                                X