Roughtrax springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roughtrax springs

Just finished installing a new set of Lesjofors standard uprated coil springs from Roughtrax and new shock absorbers from Toyota... On my 2nd gen.

The rear seems to be sitting about an inch (at least) higher than the front now. Anybody else have experience with these springs?

Will the factory torsion bars take being wound up an inch so that I can make the truck level? I've never touched torsion bar suspension before so any pointers to limit my own trial and error would be appreciated. Thanks

Not experienced those springs, but I'd give it a couple of weeks for things to settle down before you do anything else.

The torsion bars can be tweaked to provide a lift on the front, but it makes the suspension harsher.

You need to lift the front of the truck so both wheels are off the ground and then use the adjustment nut to add in the extra torsion which give s the lift on both sides.

Take it for a run around the block and then check your settings, it make take two or three attempts to get sorted to your liking.

Comment

Agree with the above about waiting for rear to settle. Measure from bottom of rim to wheel arch on both rears and note measurement. Check in a week or two. They may settle a little.

Raising front with the torsion bars should not be a problem for an inch or so. BTW, doing this does not alter the spring rate of the torsion bars. It just changes the position.

Nev.

Comment

Update: I let the new springs settle in for a couple of weeks. The back was still a good inch higher than the front. I wound up the torsion bars and now sitting nice and level. Actually rather pleased with my unintentional 1" lift.

Comment

Working...
        X