ect fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ect fuse

the ect button on my gen 3 has got stuck on, don't ask me how, i blame the dog jumping about in the front. Is there a fuse i can take out to turn it off,i have tried a bit of wd40 but think the switch has probably failed the red button doesn't seem to pop back up and the dash ect green light is on permanently.
    Also is it easy to access and replace the switch?
    Any help appreciated.

I don't know where the ect switch is on a 3Rd gen but can it not be taken out and swapped for a new one? Or just take the piece of trim it's on (if it is on a trim panel like the 2nd gen) and unplugged to turn it off for the time being
    May give you something to think about, good luck

Comment

Just take it out and replace its only clipped in, why do you want to switch it off anyway?
      Old enough to know better but then again.....

Comment

Originally posted by ThatGuy View Post
        I don't know where the ect switch is on a 3Rd gen but can it not be taken out and swapped for a new one? Or just take the piece of trim it's on (if it is on a trim panel like the 2nd gen) and unplugged to turn it off for the time being
        May give you something to think about, good luck
        Have taken off the gearbox consul cover and had a good look. The red button actually pushes an arm at right angles and this pushes a white plunger type thing which goes into a unit which is hidden under a metal protection box.
        The screws to this metal protection box are damned awkward to get at.
        I presume the switch unit under here has failed but all i want to do is switch it off. I never use this ect as my truck is a working builders truck. Have checked the fuse box under the bonnet and there doesnt appear to be one for this . Is there another fuse box anywhere?
        So no you cant just pop this out and replace it. It isn't just clipped in either.
        Anyone actually replaced one of these switch units ?

Comment

There is another fuse box in my surf , next to the lever that opens the bonnet , down there under the steering wheel, maybe it has an ECT fuse u can pull out? Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by tashtego View Post
            There is another fuse box in my surf , next to the lever that opens the bonnet , down there under the steering wheel, maybe it has an ECT fuse u can pull out? Cheers
            Hi, yes should have remembered that from lat surf. Had a look no fuse dedicated to etc unfortunately.
            Thanks anyway

Comment

Originally posted by topbuilder View Post
              Have taken off the gearbox consul cover and had a good look. The red button actually pushes an arm at right angles and this pushes a white plunger type thing which goes into a unit which is hidden under a metal protection box.
              The screws to this metal protection box are damned awkward to get at.
              I presume the switch unit under here has failed but all i want to do is switch it off. I never use this ect as my truck is a working builders truck. Have checked the fuse box under the bonnet and there doesnt appear to be one for this . Is there another fuse box anywhere?
              So no you cant just pop this out and replace it. It isn't just clipped in either.
              Anyone actually replaced one of these switch units ?
              The ect switch is next to the handbrake

If you poke your finger in through the handbrake lever apature the switch simply pushes out I have just done it in less than 30 seconds so yes it does unclip!
              If its the green light on the dash then that is what switches that off, the red button is a completely different entity and nothing what so ever to do with the ect

Comment

Oh I forgot the ECT function is controlled from the engine ECU so there is no ECT fuse just the switch as shown above!

Comment

thanks and apologies

Hi guys,thankyou for being patient with this twit! I can't believe it i have had a surf of one shape or another for ten years and KNOW where the etc button is but have completely zoned out and got it in my head that it is the red flux capacitor button. I feel such a twit. Should i blame the heat -no!
                  Just apologise for wasting everyones time and own it!

Comment

No problem I must admit I was a little baffled by this post! have you switched it off now then?

Comment

Originally posted by The Boo Crew View Post
                      No problem I must admit I was a little baffled by this post! have you switched it off now then?
                      Yes thanks the boo crew turned it off now thanks again

Comment

Working...
                      X