TPS sensor 1UZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPS sensor 1UZ

Been having a little issue with the TPS sensor on Number V lately and finally got some spare time yesterday to have a look at things.

Seems that somewhere along the line there was a break in one or more of the wires connecting the sensor. Wiggling the loom caused the engine to cut out and difficult to restart.

So with a replacement connector and sensor to hand I set about replacing the wires as far back along the loom as possible, making sure to connect the correct pin to the matching loom wire.

So now i have a working TPS and am able to correct the engine idle at tick over.

Biggest downside is that just as I got the idle settled I appear to have lost 4 cylinders and the associated power that comes with them

So guess what I am doing next weekend

Good work Andy.

Re: only four cylinders are working, make sure the coil's power wire is plugged in securely. It may have been pulled out slightly when you were accessing the wiring in the loom. The power feed connector is under where the HT lead plugs into that coil pack in your photo.

Comment

Cheers Vince, figured it was probably something I've disturbed by accident.

Weather and my back prevented me from going any further at the time

Comment

Vince, your diagnosis was spot on

Got my missing four cylinders working today and it felt good to have the motor running at full power again

Comment

Marvellous!

Just think of these V8s as two four cylinder engines sharing the same crankshaft and it all becomes clearer. Two coil packs, two igniters, two distributors etc.

Comment

What were your symptoms when it was only running on 4 cylinders buddy?
            Thanks
            ALL THE GEAR!............no idea!

Comment

Originally posted by zem_41 View Post
              Thanks

See here.

Comment

Thanks
                Low, eratic tickover. No guts, barely driveable.

Total loss of volume

Other than that it was great

Vince got it right and it was loose connector

Comment

I seem to have a good tick over, still have volume, but no guts with heavy throttle. If I pull off any leads while on tick over it makes a noticeable difference.
                  Confused.com
                  Did that video come through ok Vince?

Comment

I seem to have a good tick over, still have volume, but no guts with heavy throttle. If I pull off any leads while on tick over it makes a noticeable difference.
                    Confused.com
                    Did that video come through ok Vince?
                    Yep listened to your video, and I still think it's the AFM.
                    Pull off the plug and check you have i gnition 12v @ the white wire and that the brown wire is earthed.

Comment

Will do mate, goin fishing for a few days so ill get on it Sunday.

Comment

Just checked the wires Vince and all good
                        12v ignition on the white and earth on the brown. U think the sensor has had it?
                        Sorry to hijack your thread growler :-)

Comment

Does anyone have a working air flow meter I could borrow?

Comment

Working...
                          X