• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
    It starts!
    Gunna need proof I'm afraid.

Comment

Usual rules Charlie. No video =it aint real.

Spot on by the way.
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Oh ok....

https://www.facebook.com/charlie.bru...52040123019815

Excuse the mess!

Pipework etc will be tidied up, also I like how the engine management light isn't on, first attempt! (probably means its wired into something else lol)

Unfortuantely the fuel pump (walbro) seems to have failed since... so I'm going to use the stock Lexus one.
        Last edited by Karma Supra; 9 July 2013, 20:20.
        More Lift.
        More Tyres.
        More Engine.

Comment

Love how the innocent sounding ignition turn-over shows no hint of the roar that's about to come!

Comment

very nice indeed, loverly rumble to it

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
              Oh ok....

https://www.facebook.com/charlie.bru...52040123019815

Excuse the mess!

Pipework etc will be tidied up, also I like how the engine management light isn't on, first attempt! (probably means its wired into something else lol)

Unfortuantely the fuel pump (walbro) seems to have failed since... so I'm going to use the stock Lexus one.
              What about the sane among us who don't have Facebook
              Brian

Comment

Superb job sir.
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

You don't need Facebook, Yoshie. I don't have a logged in one and it's playing fine.

Comment

I love that sound. Gonna get me another V8 one day... probably!

Well done bud, you must be
                    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Sounds lovely!

Those VVT-i motors rev a lot more freely than the early ones don't they...

Comment

Originally posted by Sylux View Post
                        You don't need Facebook, Yoshie. I don't have a logged in one and it's playing fine.
                        All I get is a 'you must log in first' or 'create an account' message.
                        Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                          All I get is a 'you must log in first' or 'create an account' message.
                          Weird. Can't offer any more help, I'm afraid.

Comment

I'll youtube them at some point...

not toighttho, I'm stuck at a premier inn in middlesborough dialed up on my mobile!
                            More Lift.
                            More Tyres.
                            More Engine.

Comment

It's MOT'd and taxed!

Runs well with no warning lights...

Pics and vids and the rest of my build thread to follow!

It makes noise
                              More Lift.
                              More Tyres.
                              More Engine.

Comment

OK, I've been rubbish at updating this!!!!

So where were we...

There was a fair bit of wiring to do.....

Some relays to add (with the "help" of the cat)

I had to legthen the auto shifter 3.5CM

It's a compromise, but I had to flatten off a bit of the header for cylinder no.1.

I'm not too fussed about restriction, as the exhaust ports are quite small, and the cross sectional area of the "flattened" bit is still larger.. I know that's an oversimplified model of how exhausts work, but, it's man maths.... still, it was either that or mount the engine way heigher, or move the upper suspension wishbones....

The rest of the exhaust looks like this,

A rough idea of where everything sits, keeping the twin battery setup.

Loads of room

Drilling holes in the floor is so wrong... Second Lambda hole, drivers side...
                                I had to dig through 4 layers of sound deadening!v

Sorry for the Pic quality... but it gives an overall idea of what it looks like underneath...

The airbox also mounts the oil filter relocation kit and ADD VSVs.. when finished it will be fed directly from some ducting I need to make from the intercooler bonnet scoop.
                                You can just about see the drivers side gas strut.

The way the pre built kits fit the gas struts is to have a braket that screws through the sheet metal of the inner and outer wing with a self tapping bolt.

I didn't like that idea, so despite buying a kit, I removed the outer winngs and drilled a hole in the inner wings, to mount a ball joint, bolted in, for a more factory look.

Naturally, everything had to be painted and undersealed.

The VVTi power steering resevior doesn't mount on the head... so it has to mount to something not on the engine... mine goes here. The brackets and clamps are stainless.

Driven out of the garage for the first time, looking a bit sorry for itself with 6 months of dust! but hey, it has an MOT

So I went to the pub to celebrate...

For those that could not see the videos earlier...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrsPi...ature=youtu.be

This is the first one I posted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zhEr...ature=youtu.be

A quick idea of how it sounds from inside with the windows open
                                Last edited by Karma Supra; 25 August 2013, 21:45.
                                More Lift.
                                More Tyres.
                                More Engine.

Comment

Working...
                                X