red diesel - heating oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Calos View Post
    People used to use marine derv here on the coast a lot too, wich is dyed blue, that's not so cheap anymore.

Guess the test would spot that stuff as well?
    It's red,not blue- same as any rebated duty fuel. If it's blue, someone is trying to hide the red dye.

Comment

Originally posted by nos4ra2 View Post
      It's red,not blue- same as any rebated duty fuel. If it's blue, someone is trying to hide the red dye.
      what colour is train diesel then, or aviation fuel?

Comment

It's yellowy purple.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

no he said all rebated fuel is red

Comment

Aye, that he did. He's possibly wrong, but what does it matter? It's all chemically marked and dyed, if you get caught with the wrong stuff in your vehicle, you can be landed with an unlimited fine and will lose the vehicle. Is it worth it?

As a side note, I sent 12,000 litres of Gas Oil to a drain last year...
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by tom222 View Post
              no he said all rebated fuel is red
              Sorry, should have said all rebated pump diesel.No idea what's used in trains-we don't supply rail yards- but unless you fancy setting up your own rail network (or possibly being charged for theft as well as tax evasion) it's irrelevant.

12,000 litres....Jesus Albannach. I bet the EA loved you!
              Last edited by nos4ra2; 29 March 2011, 03:57. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                Of course not. I know tax is a rip off but it's the law. Considered on par with murder.
                Have you/ or anyone here for that matter, checked out the geet system?
                It was originally designed by a frenchman called Pantone.
                http://www.panacea-bocaf.org/geet.htm

It's very interesting, and I have been asking around, the local farmers etc, as it is used by some communes in the tractors and other machinery. But no joy yet.
                I have to say, I very much like the idea of running my truck on water, or cola, or sugared water, or worcestershire sauce,...
                Whatever's in the cupboards gotta be cheaper than whats in the fuel pumps! Plus the extra reliability, from the engine, as it doesn't get to the same operating temperature, a lot less chance of bustin a head, and or gasket.
                Everything happens for a reason, and only one way....
                The way it does!

Comment

Originally posted by nos4ra2 View Post
                  Not from me it's not-I work for a major petrochemicals company. I also have to fill out C&E paperwork every day declaring if I think the rebated duty fuels are being used for the purpose stated upon ordering.
                  You may find this link interesting,

http://pesn.com/2010/07/29/9501680_G...in_production/

If only more people knew about this.
                  Everything happens for a reason, and only one way....
                  The way it does!

Comment

No usually I just pee in the tank these days. I have to maintain a high alcohol intake in my diet though, otherwise the octane is a little too low. Alcohol and peanuts are my main items on the shopping list. The problem I think is that too many people are doing this as the price of peanuts and alcohol is increasing quite rapidly. For example at my local Spar I got chatting to the owner there and I explained my scientific experiments. He explained that the price of peanuts alone will be over £40 per packet by this time next year.

I've taken all of the wheels off too for weight saving reasons. Plus there is less risk of getting a puncture, I don't know why more people don't do this?

It's a waste of fuel driving to the bigger supermarkets. My tank is only five litres capacity if I hold it in all day.
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                    X