Putting 33" MT's onto my Gen 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting 33" MT's onto my Gen 2

Just thought I would upload a couple of pictures of my Gen 2 after I fitted 33".
    The tyres are 33" Nortenha 33x12,5x15.
    They fit perfectly with the 2" suspension lift, apart from a little mod to the front bumper. I intend on doing a 2" body lift next weekend to do the job properly.
    The arches all need some small extensions to stop the tyres from protruding, currently they stick out about 10mm, but the extension will finish the front arch/bumper where I have trimmed it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ne_surf; 13 August 2017, 21:46.
    Happy Surfing!

Like them, I'm still on 31's but want to go up a few sizes. My original Surf has a 4 inch body lift. I want to add a 2 inch suspension lift and 35's.
    My latest Surf is original ride height but I need to lift it quite a bit so that I can try and fit 44's under it

Comment

Originally posted by RebelV8 View Post
      Like them, I'm still on 31's but want to go up a few sizes. My original Surf has a 4 inch body lift. I want to add a 2 inch suspension lift and 35's.
      My latest Surf is original ride height but I need to lift it quite a bit so that I can try and fit 44's under it
      Did you do the lift yourself?
      Happy Surfing!

Comment

No, it was already done when I bought it. No idea when or by who but it looks as though it's been done properly, if you know what I mean

Comment

Had to do a few mods, but they are now in and don't catch.
          The body lift was so easy I couldn't believe it;
          Lifted using the vertical section in the middle of the body, lowered the radiator by drilling 2 holes further down on the bottom where the radiator mounts to the body and used the original holes in the body at the top.
          Steering colum slid nicely.
          Iv done a few pajero's and they were a pain. The surf was fab.

Now the lift is done it looks awesome too, I'm going to make a new bumper. The front end looks like it needs a winch lol
          Attached Files
          Happy Surfing!

Comment

Like that, looks great, if you fit a winch, you'll need a bullbar as well, they help protect the winch as well as looking good ( in my opinion, lol )

Comment

Working...
            X