pressure washer stupidity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pressure washer stupidity

Last week i finished fitting a diesel pump , water pump , cambelt and kit , rocker gasket and a turbo that dosent smoke , everthing was great , it started and ran perfectly so i took it to work and pressure washed the engine and bay to get rid of all the old oily gunk that has built up for years .After washing it i started the engine and the revs went straight up to about 1500 rpm , after 30 seconds or so they dropped back down to normal but when i depress the throttle it only gets up to 1500 rpm , i must have blown water in somewhere or knocked a vacuum pipe off somewhere but i cant find it , i have disconected every electrical socket and blown out with the airline and checked all the hoses as best as possible , a week later and its still the same , start up and run at 1500 rpm then drop down after 30 seconds or so and wont rev above 1500 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, please help edited to say i have a 2.4 efi surf

anyone ? please

Comment

I read your post but I really have no idea. I pressure wash my engine bay every now and then, with no apparent ill effects.
      If no one else replies, maybe worth going to a friendly garage and explain what happened, the revs staying below 1500 and all that. It might be something obvious that we can't think of...
      Good luck

Comment

Could be the Throttle Position Sensor.

Nev.

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
          Could be the Throttle Position Sensor.

Nev.
          You are a diamond , i dont know what was wrong with it but i took it off played about with it cleand all the electrical conectors and bingo it works perfectly , i owe you a beer pal

Comment

I drink bourbon. I thought TPS because it's the most likely part to get water in it. Be gentle if using a pressure washer and cover the TPS next time.
            Also be very careful with the alternator. They do not like to get too wet. Don't ask how I know that.

Nev.

Comment

Nice to see you're still out there Nev and helping others.

Comment

Working...
              X