HELP new head unit = low volume at rear & no bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP new head unit = low volume at rear & no bass

I've got a 93 4Runner and I've taken out the weird uk single din head unit which was in a double din adapter. I've fitted a new (2016) pioneer double din unit and had to cut wires as the ISO connectors were incompatible.

I've got a bit lost. I've connected the fronts fine, I've finally figured out the rear speakers don't come through the same ISO plug so I've now got them connected correctly. Problem is they're super quiet and all treble. Also the sound only comes out of the upper rear speakers, not the side ones on the pillars.

Can anyone help please? I've had no music in the car for weeks now!

Thanks in advance. Kieran 07999 370 473

You've wired them up wrongly. Reinstate the original wiring and buy an adapter from Halfords.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I've shorted out the battery feed for the stereo/interior lights/clock. Clearly I'm an idiot.

All the fuses in the footwell are fine. Is there an inline fuse somewhere? I can't find one.

I would have bought an ISO adapter but it was a moment where I had a window of opportunity to do the install and Halfords was closed. Poor planning.

I really appreciate the advice though thank you

Comment

The rear speakers have their own amplifier tucked away in the bowels of the Surf. If you don't power the amp then the speakers won't work properly. You've probably cut the wire that powers the amp, so you'll need to try and figure out which wire it is. Or get the correct adaptor, reconnect the original plug, and don't do it again.
        Paul </Slugsie>
        Immortal.so far!

Comment

Is the electric aerial working? When I replaced my HU I got no sound from the rear speakers and the aerial also stopped working. I had to do a bit of adjusting to the loom to get it all working again as it had been slightly bodged by a previous owner, but the feed for the aerial is linked to the rear amplifiers somehow. A bit of searching old posts should help.

Comment

Working...
          X