• Time
  • Show
Clear All

ignitors are an S.O.B to polish up.
    another job off the list.

Comment

Have you considered soda blasting?

Comment

got shot ,bead and aqua at work.should cover most things. to be honest, i don't have much in the way of refurbing left to do. its all cleaning and painting now. then put it back together (gulp)
        and the odd bit of custom work.

Comment

Soda is much milder than those you name. Would suit your small polishing bits (like delicate electrical).

But if you're at the end...no point

Comment

oh the ignitors! they foiled me when i did mine forgot the screw them to the body to earth them even though i think they have an earth wire? whole weekend to figure out why it didnt start then earthed them and started 1st time!
            http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy77 View Post
              oh the ignitors! they foiled me when i did mine forgot the screw them to the body to earth them even though i think they have an earth wire? whole weekend to figure out why it didnt start then earthed them and started 1st time!
              hmm, i'll bear that in mind,cheers.

Comment

not much done,recently,doing bits and bobs,but busy making stuff for mates,again!
                exhaust redy for heat wrap now,finished inside of rockers as well. refurbing another plenum,for a mate,just stripped and sanded,at the moment.

Comment

material arrived for ''custom bumper'' also.

Comment

You're making major progress, Scott

What are those headers? Never seen them before.

Comment

headers from my 96 lump.bloody solid old bits of kit. impressive condition for age.
                      can't really see them being the original ones.

Comment

Yeh, they looks strange, what with the split flange. But they've got to be better than the stock. They're awful.

Comment

they are stock.came out on a certain year(s) as opposed to the cast ones.
                          better clearance for the steering column,so im told.
                          sadly,its looking like a one step forward,two steps back, turn of events.
                          all the pulley i refurbed,have chipped,probably when i've been transporting them about.paint finish was too thin. most i will replace with Ali parts,but some i cant make myself,so its back in the sandblaster!
                          will do them in the same brake caliper paint i used before,as thats tough stuff,and wont chip.

Comment

Not words I bandy about often but "WOW, that awesome" just what I'd have loved to do if only I had the brains, the stuff, the time, the money and the place to do it in, looks great and take no notice of those c###s who always come out with the phrase "it need mud"
                            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

most of the time mine is a tarmac terrorist nothing wrong with surfing the streets in style

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                                Not words I bandy about often but "WOW, that awesome" just what I'd have loved to do if only I had the brains, the stuff, the time, the money and the place to do it in, looks great and take no notice of those c###s who always come out with the phrase "it need mud"
                                thanks,Ian. little bit of your work in it as well!

Comment

Working...
                                X