at last access to 7 sisters site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• at last access to 7 sisters site

Ladies and gents just managed to sort out (pencilled in) 7 sisters site for the weekend of 29-30 June! (you can arrive Friday evening and leave Monday morning). The site is probably regarded as the best off road site in the UK or on a par with drumclog at least so it has everything you could ever hope to come across when off roading and its fairly big too at 2000 acres! It is located to the south of abercrave so should especially appeal to all the southern members of the forum! Google or youtube 7 sisters 4x4 or king of the valleys and you will see how good it is!

There are a few hoops we have to jump through to get on the site and that is to become a member of the MSA as the mining company will only allow groups that have joined the MSA to access the site for insurance purposes.
    To gain MSA certification you have to set up a club hence www.northwalesmudclub.com/index and need people who would like to come to sign up just so we can get the group active and get the MSA certification as we need at least 25 members.

If we get a good turn out and it all goes well then we can visit the site a few times a year as it will take a fair few visits to get around the whole site as it is 2000 acres!

There will be an on site loo and a 1st aid kit on site and we can burn all the wood we find so there will no shortage of fire wood for the evening
    You will need to bring all your own food / (fire)water and cooking facilities

Cost will be approximate (need to firm up)
    £90 all in (all weekend off roading)
    £60 all in (1 day off roading)
    Camping is free

I will post more info when I have it or if you got any questions just give us a shout.
    If you are interested then start a list!
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Do they allow trailered off road vehicles or have they got to be roadworth/taxed/insured etc...?
    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

hi john hows it going? sorry i didnt want to pee on your fire with this as i know you have tried to sort out an event type thing yourself.

yeah i will make sure but competition vehicles are allowed as the site holds competitons and things like that winching, etc if you look for king of the valleys 7 sisters you can see what type of things go on there . i will just have to find out when get MSA membership the difference in insurance if there is any bettwen road legal and none road legal vehicles!

Comment

Carry on danny, more meets the better in my opinion! Will have a look at the website. Was just wondering in case I keep lex 2 and want to stretch its legs in the summer...
        "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Yeah cool no worries I will carry on the ha! Its also on hpoc so there are a few already put their name down! Closer the time will put a full list up of everyone going! There is no min or max number and the cost goes per truck will keep you posted!

Comment

Hi all just a quick update regarding 7 sisters weekend saturday 29th to sunday 30th June, it is a definate goer as NWMC is now an MSA club member and just aquired the insurance permit for the weekend. it will be a closed event so if you name aint down you aint comin in. with having to apply for a permit from MSA it is a little fromal and you will need to do a little more than just pop your name down on a thread. you will have to go to NWMC forum and fill out the member form and the entrant form as have to abide by MSA rules (nothing untoward just the usual you would sign on any normal pay and play day) then email them to me and i can then put your name on the list. as far as money is concerned may need to sort out a deposit closer the date and sort the rest out on the saturday morning of the event.

as far as cost its a little complicated as the site charge per vehicle and the insurance is per person so i hope the below explains it

1 person driving & 1 vehicle on course for 1 day (either saturday or sunday) = £ 65
            1 person driving & 1 vehicle on course for 2 days = £ 90
            2 people in 1 vehicle on course for 1 day (either saturday or sunday) = £75
            2 people in 1 vehicle on course for 2 days = £100

basically it equates to £80 a vehicle for the weekend or £55 for 1 day (either saturday or sunday) and £10 per person for MSA insurance. if you arent taking your vehicle on to the course and just want to turn up and ride shotgun with someone then its just £10 per person for the MSA insurance. the price includes camping and we can have camp fires there will also be portaloo on site but you will have to bring everything else as there is no amenities on site.

anything else you want to know just drop me an email at admin@northwalesmudclub.com

just to give you a taster of the site this was filmed there last year dont think we will go that extreme but i think i know one or two people on here that might!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3tod5tHNsRk

Comment

Well done pal glad you got the MSA status sorted.
              I hope you all have a great weekend.
              Brian

Comment

Hi Yoshie yeah it was a bit of a long winded exercise but got there in the end only 8 trucks at the moment but hope more can make it!

you still OK for the end of july for the lakes?

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy77 View Post
                  Hi Yoshie yeah it was a bit of a long winded exercise but got there in the end only 8 trucks at the moment but hope more can make it!

you still OK for the end of july for the lakes?
                  I am hoping pal. I am taking a week off soon to try and finish to the ready for paint stage.
                  Then hopefully book the paint booth and get it done and rebuilt before the end of July.
                  Brian

Comment

Working...
                  X