right batteries ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• right batteries ??

Hi fellas, just wondering if these batteries are the right ones for my 4runner
    Bosch S4004
    540A (EN)
    60ah

Thanks in advance

Hi Dave

My understanding is you just need to match or exceed the cold cranking amps (CCA) required to get the engine started. This can be one big bugger or two smaller ones wired together. I think for the 3litre it needs something north of 750CCA or thereabouts. I'm sure someone else can verify this.

I switched out my two smaller starters and replaced with one big 830CCA starter and a bigger 110ah marine battery for auxiliary / emergency kit, run off a split / charge system so when camping it doesn't affect my starter.

Owen

Comment

068 and 069 do the trick
      Old enough to know better but then again.....

Comment

Originally posted by The Boo Crew View Post
        068 and 069 do the trick
        For a 2 battery surf, but does the 4 runner have 2 batteries ?
        Сви можемо

Comment

Hi, yes my KZN130 has 2 x batteries.

Comment

Thanks for the advice Boo Crew. I have another question.
            On removing the old batteries I checked the belt tensions and on the alternator in the middle of the longest run the play appears quite slack and seems greater than what I thought it should be around half an inch. The belts do spin the alternator though. Would belt adjustment be recommended ?? and if so could someone please advise how to do it so I don't cock it up or snap something off !!
            FYI I have fitted Bosch 068 and 069 and multimeter reading climbs to over 13 on tickover.
            Cheers Dave

Comment

Now Sorted

Comment

Working...
              X