Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jims Surf

my surf LN130 2.4TD when i got it last year

water pump collapsed while driving but 2 in morning and still 8 mile to go i kept it going thinking it was a broken fanbelt resulting in this

blowing oil/water out the breather,pressure in the water resovoir losing water

Comment

sourced a bare engine from (Steve at just hilux) very helpful guy and have bought a lot from him since

unfortunatley i blew the main fuse refitting the alternator wires (forgot which way they went) a bit of tinfoil sorted that but really did more damage as once it was running (nice and smooth eventually) the rubber over the +wire worn through and shorted itself against the earth and because of the tinfoil fuse blew the TOAD alarm/immobiliser and ECU,
      being a manual these ECUs are apparently hard to find,needless to say its got the proper fuses now,

Comment

while removing the old engine the sidesteps were in the way and fed up banging my head i cut them off,(pretty rotten anyway)

made some new ones with 3/4 inch steel piping

Comment

sitting along with my car i was thinking they would suit better being the same colour so started to paint it black

paint was quite dull and lacquer peeling off here and there,bumpers were faded

Comment

got some 31 x 10.5 x 15s

started with the bonnet

Comment

Comment

Comment

all polished up and wheels/tyres fitted.what a difference

Comment

full stainless exhaust system

Comment

Comment

Cracking looking Truck, being a 2.4 lots did the intercooler Mod ... Thread is on her somewhere ...

16+ Years of Surfs n 9 years on Spotless it ain't but Faultless to a "T" is my KZN 130 Yota !!
                        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Nice GT-FOUR also

Comment

thats the idea whether it be a FMIC or one sitting on the top not sure yet,i was thinking of the chargecooler off my car as its is going to a FMIC shortly,have all the pipes pump rad and top cooler just a matter of trying to fit it all,also have a CT20 turbo coming off my car (hybrid going on) not sure if it would fit or not

bullbar arrived yesterday

looks 2 inches too high

Comment

Awesome looking surf, looks quality in black good job

Comment

Working...
                              X