Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immobiliser

Hi, I have a 1995 UK 4Runner, 3.0 TD.

I actually live in Dubai, so the truck only gets used twice per year.
    In the meantime, I disconnect the batteries. It fires up first turn of the key every time, without even having to recharge the batteries, even when we leave it for 6 months.

Problem, the truck was fitted with a Toyota alarm and immobiliser from new. This got a bit temperamental a couple of years ago so I just disabled it with the key that slots in the back of the module. Alarm is disabled/silenced but immobilser still functions.

We have to go through a routine every time we reconnect the batteries, to reset the immobliser, and here lies my problem.

I have lost the instructions!!! Doh!!!

Does anyone know the sequence to reset the module?
    I remember about half of it, not much use I know! Something like put the key in the ignition, turn it on, lock a door blah blah blah.

Appreciate if anyone can help with this, as we are due back in the UK soon and need to get the old girl running again.

10 years we have been doing this, 10 years she has been standing outside in all weathers, and still starts on the button. Only thing I ever had to do was replace the two batteries a few years back.
    Outstanding! Might even change her oil this year!

This any help, there is more info if ya do a Forum search (top of the page) ... https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt...3Aw%2Cm%3Aat-s

Good Luck

16+ Years of Surfs .. n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !! Now 2 Surfs again
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
    X