Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V8 questions

Hi
    I'm all new to this site I have a knz130 and I was going to hopefully swap the engine or should I say thinking about it to a Lexus 1uze .

I was wanting to keep it auto but my biggest fear is the electrical side is there any info out there on how to do the wiring side ecu etc ... Thanks

here is my write up

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

there are many posts on here. everyone has done it differently. if you have a deep pocket to run it then go for it! or get it LPGed like i did cost per mile is the same as the diesel but sounds nicer! like with anything do the research lextreme is the best site and the most help!

but how hard is the conversion??? if you can weld or get access to some one who can weld then fine. this isnt showing off but before i did the conversion my mechanical history was doing the 2" suspension lift. it did take 7 months but it worked and there you go! millions of people have done it before it isnt rocket science. it took me 2 months of research about the wiring and then 4 weeks to disassemble and reassemble the the wiring loom. once you have made the 2 front engine brackets jobs a gooden really the brackets are the only thing you make, well the exhaust possibly everything else is off ebay.

the tools you will use the most is a multimeter and a soldering gun!

but i would say get the whole car its a lot easier as you know everything works and you have all the bits to make it work!
    Last edited by dannyboy77; 12 November 2015, 17:27.

Comment

Or you could simply sell yours and buy a ready made Lexurf

Comment

there isnt a hot potato smilies

Comment

Now if anyone knows of a lexurf for sale....

Comment

Originally posted by pictonroad View Post
            Now if anyone knows of a lexurf for sale....
            Somewhere around the end of month there will be one going up for sale

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
              Somewhere around the end of month there will be one going up for sale
              Keep us all posted Growler. You may have a few people interested in that.

Comment

[QUOTE=Bonk;833639]Keep us all posted Growler. You may have a few people interested in that.[/QUO

Cool cheers its a long way off yet for putting anything like that into it to be fair just getting some ideas but thanks all the same would be ace to have one all done tho how much are the knz130 worth

Comment

And also is there anyone around Doncaster with any bits for sale for my surf I need some rear window runners (channels) got new tailgate and glass but the channels are rotten to hell

Comment

Working...
                  X