No announcement yet.

Lexurf X Update 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Given that You and GTR21 chose to take the truck to him for the conversion and are the only ones to take issues with his work raises some question in my head !!

Maybe it is because both of you chose to remove the trucks from him, even after he told you they were not finished and ready for collection ? Yes I understand they were passed the promised completion dates, but given that his son had been in critical condition in hospital, I feel that was out of his hands at the time and his family concerns would and should have come first

Maybe it was turning up unannounced at his home, after being told he wouldn't be there, and then sitting on his shoulders whilst he got it drivable that left things unfinished and not to his usual standards. If you had given him more time to complete then perhaps you wouldn't have had to take it elsewhere for the works to be finished. After all you did go to him because his was the cheapest price in the first place

Given your attitude on here and towards him, I can understand why he doesn't want to communicate with you. If you were more willing to be reasonable, instaed of going for the one sided story, I am sure he would be more than willing to respond in a similar way.

Personally, i understand you feel "put out" and 2hard done by" but you are IMO at least partially to blame for the things you have had to put right.

I will not be posting further on this "Public" forum over this matter and if you want to take it further contact me by PM directly

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
      Given that You and GTR21 chose to take the truck to him for the conversion and are the only ones to take issues with his work raises some question in my head !!
      And the fact that he has completely vanished from this forum without explaining anything doesn't? Again i'm not denying the quality of his work before as previously stated.

Maybe it is because both of you chose to remove the trucks from him, even after he told you they were not finished and ready for collection ? Yes I understand they were passed the promised completion dates, but given that his son had been in critical condition in hospital, I feel that was out of his hands at the time and his family concerns would and should have come first
      They were passed 5 promised completion dates. I understand his son was ill, but so was my father, or does that not matter that I need the truck back to visit him also? I even politely gave him multiple advanced payments to help cover his bills during his son being ill too when I wasn't seeing any progress. Also my truck was claimed to require "just a valet".

Maybe it was turning up unannounced at his home, after being told he wouldn't be there, and then sitting on his shoulders whilst he got it drive-able that left things unfinished and not to his usual standards. If you had given him more time to complete then perhaps you wouldn't have had to take it elsewhere for the works to be finished. After all you did go to him because his was the cheapest price in the first place
      It wasn't unannounced as I said I needed the truck and was turning up to collect it after.
      1) being told it just needed a valet.
      2) I needed the truck back before the year 3000.

I said here http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=82752 I would be coming to get it after being promised the truck was finished and just needed a clean from him.

How do you know I went with him because he was the cheapest? what made you assume that? I had a local person who could do it a lot cheaper but I went with him due to the quality of his work and reviews on here.

Given your attitude on here and towards him, I can understand why he doesn't want to communicate with you. If you were more willing to be reasonable, instaed of going for the one sided story, I am sure he would be more than willing to respond in a similar way.
      All I have done is explain my side of things and have been incredibly calm about the situation that has cost me a lot. He doesn't want to communicate with me because he knows i'm right. Why else would someone just disappear from a forum after that? If you can show me anywhere on this site where I have shown "attitude" please do tell me as all I have done is state fact after fact only to have the odd deluded bushwhacker idoliser try and defend his shocking actions which would not be accepted from anyone providing a service.

Personally, i understand you feel "put out" and 2hard done by" but you are IMO at least partially to blame for the things you have had to put right.
      We may be partially to blame due to both being so trusting and relaxed about him work on our pride and joy, but in no way is any of this our fault as we paid for a service which was never fully provided to the promised standard.

Comment

Maybe it was turning up unannounced at his home, after being told he wouldn't be there, and then sitting on his shoulders whilst he got it drivable that left things unfinished and not to his usual standards. If you had given him more time to complete then perhaps you wouldn't have had to take it elsewhere for the works to be finished. After all you did go to him because his was the cheapest price in the first place

I will not be posting further on this "Public" forum over this matter and if you want to take it further contact me by PM directly
        I suggest you read my posts again!
        I never put time constraints on Vince or the build.
        He never made me aware of any problems.
        I was told it was ready for collection.
        There were things done to it that were downright silly-female to female fittings! See the pics-just ridiculous.
        I'm not dis-agreeing that builds 1 to 5 weren't done to a satisfactory standard. Just because we're the only 2 that have come foward doesn't mean there aren't others. No comment from builds 6,7,8. 9 as far as I'm aware still isn't finished yet. Perhaps we're the only 2 with balls to stand up for ourselves.

Comment

Working...
        X