Robin Rigg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robin Rigg

One of the farms I work on in the frost.
    Attached Files
    Paul

Surfless, donations welcome.

One of the few e.on spots I've not had to visit, although I've visted the servers (remotely)
    Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Lincs Wind Farm off Skegness:

Comment

They spark the debate, sight for sore eyes or eyesore.

I like to see them here and there. Take it you work on these jimster? My mate was well up the ranks with B9 until he set up himself. He is now doing major repairs.
        Paul

Surfless, donations welcome.

Comment

I just make sure the IT side works and the turbines are chatting to the right boxes. We used to be responsible for actioning any hardware faults in this respect, but it's outsourced now, so the offsite visits are few and far between, usually only on new work. Otherwise it's just another box to connect to remotely.

The power stations have the more interesting kit, and if they have a stack, I try and blag a ride to the top with the lift maintenance people. Current role is just desk jockeying, but practically on my doorstep so no complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by M8WHR View Post
            They spark the debate, sight for sore eyes or eyesore.
            I like them. Folk act like they are 6' outside their bedroom window.

Funny, I bet 400 years ago, "Don Quixote" and them were raging against the same kit. Now the Windy Miller jobs are considered quaint. If you get the opportunity, drive the coast road down to Tarifa in Spain. It's one of the windiest spots on Earth and is covered in wind farms, and the road runs right through them. Spectacular.

Comment

Working...
            X