Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kirton Pay&play Scunthorpe

About the site:

Well this was my first trip to the site near Scunthorpe. Its £40 in but they do jetwash your car and the marshals recover you pretty quick. Its better than Tong, you can go anywhere you apart from by the quarry machinery. Its not designated routes like Tong you are free to roam. At 600 acres it dwarfs Tong too. There is a nice cafe on site too but the service is painfully slow. But to be fair it was packed when I went in.

My day:

It went really well right from the start, without incident for at least the first 15 minutes :lol:

I ended up in water up to my nob but it was my own fault. I parked strategically and took some pictures while I waited for the water to drain out.

I stalled it in a mud pit and my starter motor inconveniently decided to go on strike; it took two discos to pull me out even though I was not actually stuck.

A very steep decline, Managed to get a sideways tilt of over 45 degrees which was worrying :lol:

This was the only way out as I didn't have a snorkel to drive through the lake; nether did the Izuzu. I tried to forge my own path in a heroic effort to get out but only managed to cave my sill in. So we sat and awaited a winch. Half an hour after closing time we were out of the pit.

Some final shots.

I promised myself I wasn't going to damage it this time
Working...
X