EBC discs and pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EBC discs and pads

I've seen some EBC discs & pads on ebay, has anyone tried them?
    My brakes could do with some work and I wondered if they are as good or better than genuine Toyota ones.
    Rob

Had some on my landcruiser spot on
    Old enough to know better but then again.....

Comment

I'd keep the genuine pads and discs and spend my money on new fluid and braided hoses.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I already have braided hoses and the old brakes are worn anyway so I'm after new ones.

Comment

New fluid too

I personally don't rate EBC brakes as a modification on something as old as a Surf, but it's not going to be much worse than standard (assuming you chose the correct pads).

Comment

Originally posted by The Boo Crew View Post
            Had some on my landcruiser spot on
            Whoops just found the invoice they were Mintex

Comment

Do braided hoses make a big difference?

Comment

No, at least not in my opinion, but they do make some difference.
                Сви можемо

Comment

No they only look shiny and allow the truck to pass an MOT!

Comment

Not huge, but you will get a better feel, they are shiny and they are cheaper than EBC et al.

Comment

I think most of the benefit from braided hoses is that they are replacing old factory ones.

I personally don't think the EBC stuff is that great. I Run factory brakes om mine and it stops very well.

Granted I have Tundra fronts and Landcruiser rear disks.. but factory disks and pads all the way.. if you look at the quality of the casting and finishing side by side you can see the difference.
                      More Lift.
                      More Tyres.
                      More Engine.

Comment

Gonna throw this in, fitted EBC green pads on my 4Runner with standard new discs. Vast difference over standard pads, no brake fade less brake dust noticeable difference IMHO.
                        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                        My choice
                        Back off

Comment

Well I had the wheels off expecting knackered everything but found only minor wear on the rear shoes and drums, plenty of front pad left and not much disc wear, run-out on the disc I've checked so far is 0.03mm so well within spec!
                          I have found some kind of paper gasket on the drum to hub faces that I probably should clean off as its peeling a bit and might throw the drums off slightly.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
                            I think most of the benefit from braided hoses is that they are replacing old factory ones.

I personally don't think the EBC stuff is that great. I Run factory brakes om mine and it stops very well.

Granted I have Tundra fronts and Landcruiser rear disks.. but factory disks and pads all the way.. if you look at the quality of the casting and finishing side by side you can see the difference.
                            Hi I'm not sure I'm doing this correctly but ( if you get to see this ) Could you tell me what parts you needed to upgrade your brakes ? I do a lot of heavy towing and could use more stopping power! Many thanks Antony

Comment

Working...
                            X