Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGR Valve Vacuum Lines Pic please

Hi,

Could anyone please post up a pic of the standard vac lines around th EGR valve? Also including the two little electrical things that are plugged in but have vac lines (they look like little valves or temp sensors?). Edit: I think these are VSVs?

I have replaced manifold gaskets and think I may have plugged the vac hoses back incorrectly as it now shakes on shut down....bit like when EGR is blanked.

I also had the wires on one of the VSVs snap and had to repair - there is a chance I failed here and therefore, if the VSV was essentially not plugged in, would this also lead to the same symptoms?

Should have taken photos before I started but didn't!!!

Many thanks
    Alex
    Last edited by Alex O; 21 June 2017, 20:17.

KZN130 or 185?

Nev.

Comment

Sorry, it's a 3.0 diesel 185 from 1996 - Gen 3.

Thanks
      Alex

Comment

I just removed the whole thing when I replaced my cylinder head 3 + years ago, the valve , the foot long pipe everything. Just buy a blanking kit and block up the small rubber hose. You wouldn't believe the shit that was caked inside the inlet manifold from the egr system! It was almost blocked by 50%!

Comment

I found this helped:
          https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dl...piping-7363990

Comment

That is an excellent help, thank you.

I shall trace my attempt in comparison to the diagram later.

Cheers
            Alex

Comment

Thanks again for the diagram. I had indeed plugged the wrong vacuum lines into the the wrong TVIS ports.

All is now corrected and the truck shuts off smoothly again. Woohoo!!

Cheers
              Alex

Comment

Working...
              X